• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

The top 10 long range tries in 2022 | NRL on Nine

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Counting down the best full field run away tries from the 2022 NRL season

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Surely we haven't featured in many top 10 videos over the last few years, but here we are with two tries in the top 10 80+ meter efforts.

What I really like that is in both tries Flanno and Averillo are in the frame, and do play a part in the break by Casey try.. It's all the little things that are going to get us back in the 8.

It's going to be interesting to see what comes of Casey.. the bloke has skill just needs to size up and limit his errors, although in his second game I don't think he had any, or if he did it was very few.

Trophy Points
They missed the best one by JAC, which was taking the intercept on our line and going the length. From the Titans game.

Still the best length of the field try scorer in the modern era would have to be Ben Barba. At his peak, he was near unstoppable.

Just such a shame he went down rhe shit.

On a side note, didn't realise Jarome Hughes was that quick.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
They missed the best one by JAC, which was taking the intercept on our line and going the length. From the Titans game.

Still the best length of the field try scorer in the modern era would have to be Ben Barba. At his peak, he was near unstoppable.

Just such a shame he went down rhe shit.

On a side note, didn't realise Jarome Hughes was that quick.

I suppose they favoured the two picked as they were more team tries/ more effort put in to get them.. not sure.. The Casey one was my favourite just due to the fact that his debut had gone as bad as it possibly could have.

Benny's ability to pull a try from our goal line, or even the dead ball line was as freakish as it gets, that truly was one of the greatest ever seasons by an individual. Hopefully he's been able to stay away from the coke and whatever else.

Yeah Jarome scores a lot of tries just by utilising his pace... sucks that we had to be on the receiving end in that video as well!

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Totally agree with everything you've said there.

It's kinda sad what happened with Barba I mean yeah he did some fucked up shit, but the bloke obviously has serious demons I mean you don't hear much about him when he's sober. He did a lot for multiple clubs and both NRL + Super League.. I dunno.. I feel like his highlights at least deserve more air time.