• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Official Willie Mason joins Bulldogs coaching staff.

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Willie Mason joins Bulldogs Coaching Staff​

bulldogs.com.au- Mon 17 Jan 2022, 02:01 PM

Former Bulldog legend, Willie Mason, has accepted an offer to become a fulltime member of the Bulldogs Coaching Staff as the new Pathways Transition Coach. In the role, Mason will work closely with players of all ages within the Pathways Program.

Mason, who played in 148 matches for the Bulldogs between 2000 and 2007, including being named Clive Churchill Medallist in the 2004 Premiership winning team, will look to help shape and develop Pathways players in regard to the skills and attitude required to become an NRL player.

Mason, has already started in the role, working closely with General Manager of Pathways & Junior League, Barry Ward and NRL Head Coach, Trent Barrett.

Trophy Points
So David Tangata-Toa will be coaching the Bulldogs NSW Cup side in 2022, and remain working with the transitional coaching staff. Willie Msaon will take over the day to day transitional coach role, working with Ward and Barrett.

DTT is still part of the NRL coaching staff as well, so it was a side grade.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I really like this move. Some of the coaching staff we have seem like "nice guys", which of course is not a bad thing, but Big Willy can focus on revving the players up while the other guys focus on their specialities... the balance is looking good.

When I say rev up of course I don't mean go out there looking for blood lol but just put a bit of fire in their bellies.. in my opinion Vaughan could put himself back in Origin mix over the next couple of seasons if he puts it all out on the field.

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I really like this move. Some of the coaching staff we have seem like "nice guys", which of course is not a bad thing, but Big Willy can focus on revving the players up while the other guys focus on their specialities... the balance is looking good.

When I say rev up of course I don't mean go out there looking for blood lol but just put a bit of fire in their bellies.. in my opinion Vaughan could put himself back in Origin mix over the next couple of seasons if he puts it all out on the field.
chit don't get him revving up a couple of our forwards blink and they get suspended