• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

News ’Bondi wall’ shuts down Latrell as Roosters lock in home final — but it comes at a cost: Big Hits

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

The Roosters have locked in a home final with a 26-16 win over the Rabbitohs in a thrilling contest to celebrate the opening of the new Allianz Stadium.

But it’s come at a coast with Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, Sam Verrills and Joey Manu all leaving the field with injuries.

The Bunnies also copped a huge blow in with skipper Cameron Murray suffering a significant head knock in the opening minute.

Murray’s head collided with Kevin Naiqama’s hip and he struggled to get to his feet right away before he was sent for a HIA.

Both the Rabbitohs and Roosters could be without key players in next week’s elimination final with the injuries of Joey Manu, Cameron Murray, Sam Verills and Jared Waerea-Hargreaves the biggest storyline out of Friday’s clash.

South Sydney’s night got off to a sour start when Murray copped a nasty head knock. Unsurprisingly he failed his HIA and was forced to watch on from the sidelines.

Murray’s head collided with Kevin Naiqama’s hip in a tackle in the opening minute of the game. He struggled to get to his feet and was taken from the field.

Fox League’s Greg Alexander said the loss of Murray so early in the game would have really hurt the Rabbitohs on Friday.

“Losing Cameron Murray, it’s much worse losing a player with his influence early in a game than preparing without him,” he said.

“He’s so influential to what they do with the ball and they’ve had to try and make up for his absence there… it’s tough going.”

Cooper Cronk added: “The other part to this is will he be fit enough for next week? The impact is huge not only for this encounter, but also next week’s knockout final.”

Meanwhile, the Roosters also face a nervous wait after Waerea-Hargreaves went off in the first half with hamstring tightness, Sam Verills went off in the second half with a hand injury and – the big one – Joey Manu left the field with a calf injury.

“That is enormous,” Fox League commentator Dan Ginnane said.

“That is devastating blow,” Michael Ennis added.

“He is an x-factor in their premiership race and their run towards that trophy. He is a player where the opposition just fear him because he can do it all.”

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Roosters at their best in terms of dominating.. I'm sure Latrell was at negative run meters early in the game. They took the foot off after half time but the damage was done.

Manu is a huge loss, but at least they get the other Joseph back, and possibly Tupou.

The new stadium looks awesome, I can't wait till we play there.

Trophy Points
I'd be very suprised if Radley plays again this year. Murray will want to be really careful as he's probably not far off a season ending HIA.

Infact I'm suprised the NRL don't put in writing something like "5 HIAs in a season and you are out".

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I'd be very suprised if Radley plays again this year. Murray will want to be really careful as he's probably not far off a season ending HIA.

Infact I'm suprised the NRL don't put in writing something like "5 HIAs in a season and you are out".

I expect they will put some more rules in place, they will end up with lawsuits galore