• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

News Adam Elliott stood down over restaurant incident.

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I'm worried about how the team will play next year if he is still around.. I just don't see us having that 1% play for each other mentality with his bad vibes around the joint... he thinks he's mr cool alpha male and mate the game has moved past that

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Sets a real bad example to our local juniors coming through if they don't sack him after this issue considering the amount of money they gave him in his last contract.
I wont have any belief in the dogs management in future if they dont terminate this gooses contract. They keep him they should remove the "family club" tag from the club and will only reflect badly on current managements credibility.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Apparently we would need to shed Adam if we were to be able to afford Asiata. It's a no-brainer, right?

Trophy Points
Assuming the club go for the "breached club code of conduct" angle, I wonder if that would be enough legal grounds to terminate his contract.

Surely by Friday we'll know as the club issued him a 5 day breach notice, last Friday (https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2021/08/27/bulldogs-statement-on-adam-elliott-9q8wdh/).

Maybe it's just me, but I'd assume if it was a simple fine or suspension he'd have moved on from it already. Or maybe he's hitting Millie up for 50% of his fine totals :D

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Well if idiot stays i think the club owes its fans and sponsors an explanation as to why he is staying cos it sure as hell can't be his ability on the field and of course totally lack of when he is in the public eye

Trophy Points
Phil Gould has tweeted that Adam Elliott is meeting with the board on Monday.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
"Don't let the door hit you on the way out"

Gus is still connected to the Warriors, surely they will take him

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Well if idiot stays i think the club owes its fans and sponsors an explanation as to why he is staying cos it sure as hell can't be his ability on the field and of course totally lack of when he is in the public eye

Exactly.. like mate, if you want to carry on like the big Alpha, how about you show what you've got on the field.. Jacko is one of our most humble players and despite being busted he still gives what he's got and he ain't carrying on like a fkn buffoon off the field.. I feel for Tolman who used to cop so much shit despite being our hardest worker week in week out but we move him on and keep Bonehead Elliot even though we had a chance to let him go to the Warriors

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
just came in vie herald
"According to a report in The Sydney Morning Herald, Elliott is prepared to sign off on a clause in his contract banning him from drinking alcohol in a bid to stop the board from sacking him."

WTF I though he was already on a banned booze clause with the dogs and it is not as if it is the first time this has happened. Try 3 or 4 times so why are they still hanging on to him hmmm. He is hardly a first grade player so why waste cap space on a waste of space.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Man.. we are very lucky to have some strong headed players coming to us because Adam being around is terrible for morale, and you're right, he was meant to be on a booze ban. Well I guess the one positive thing is that we can only get better with the guys who are coming, and that means that Adam won't survive much longer on mediocre performances. I don't like to judge people but I really think he showed his true colours during the Lichaa incident... Michael may not have been our best player but by all accounts he is a good bloke.

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Bad choices of players has been like covid to the dogs over the last few years either in form or in behaviours off the field the whole place got infected . Lets hope that the players coming next year are like a vaccine for us .
Well that all i can say for now take care might catch you all for the game on sunday be safe i have to go do some chores again

Trophy Points
"According to a report in The Sydney Morning Herald, Elliott is prepared to sign off on a clause in his contract banning him from drinking alcohol in a bid to stop the board from sacking him."
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/bo...ause-to-stay-at-bulldogs-20210902-p58oce.html

That's the article. Stuff him... he was apparently on a self imposed booze ban, and 7 months later screws up. How many chances can you give someone before you have to say enough is enough.

Not to mention it's reported that security had to get a key to unlock the cubicle and Elliott was ejected from the club still shirtless.

You don't rip off your shirt if you are "just kissing".

Trophy Points
The Lewis conundrum comes as the Bulldogs edge closer to a climax with the Adam Elliott situation, telling the back-rower’s manager David Riolo they would be happy to facilitate any wishes he had for his client to rejuvenate his NRL career elsewhere.

Sounds like he might be getting sacked Monday!

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/bo...ause-to-stay-at-bulldogs-20210902-p58oce.html

That's the article. Stuff him... he was apparently on a self imposed booze ban, and 7 months later screws up. How many chances can you give someone before you have to say enough is enough.

Not to mention it's reported that security had to get a key to unlock the cubicle and Elliott was ejected from the club still shirtless.

You don't rip off your shirt if you are "just kissing".
maybe they were comparing bra sizes