• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Analysing this pathetic bulldogs team

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Taafe should never have been selected as fullback for starters in first grade. Bad selection Ciraldo. Marney getting close to being the worse hooker we have had for a while. its taken us 66 minutes to actually post a first try. Our mistake rate is horrendous. The forwards rarely go forward and when they do they dont pass the ball. Back to the old days of not getting past half way in six tackles. We give away too many stupid penalties. Burtons not running enough!. Juries still out on his half back position. We took 70 minutes to move the ball wide hmmm.. You can't win football games when your mistake rate is so high you only have 35% possession. Eels fans must be pissing their pants with laughter yet again. There is no pride in this team. the fans are owed more after so many years in the lows. The dogs halfback barely had the ball in his hands all afternoon. again not good enough. Someone at the club start making hard decisions not fluffing around week after week looking for lame excuses because we have gone backwards from 2023 after this performance. Anyone else have any thoughts on all this? Burtons form is questionable.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
One out running all game, even when chasing points.. no ball movement at all.

Every season we have a bludger in Round 1 and it doesn't get better. We are still so poorly disciplined it's like everything that could go wrong, does go wrong.

Kurt Mann and Curran played alright.

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
What gets me we always blow out the score towards the end of games indicates to me they are unfit yet again cant sustain 80 minutes of football then the club comes out with the usual excuses like bad refereeing or we didnt get a fair share of posession. you cant expect to get a fair share of possession when kicking on the sixth hands it back as a gift to the other team there is no intensity or pressure the ball is kicked and no one is in sight to try and take it off of the other team or tackle them deep in their territory. So the ref got in the way of us scoring but that was only six points no where the final blow out score to even suggest we had a chance with good refereeing or more possession thats just a cop out for another subperformance from most of the players!

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Yeah like if you're not building pressure you're always going go use up more energy than your opponent, unless they are equally as bad in that department.. on the back of a smaller pack... we've had ample opportunity to throw money at big bodies yet have been hesitant to do so.. I just hope we don't burn our players out in the mean time. I think they are scrapping well but our spine ain't firing.

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I cant believe we have virtually selected the same team for the third round of this years NRL game against the titans . If we get beaten yet again there will be serious questions asked of the coach and administration. We await the game with interest

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I don't want to be 'that guy' after a win but our attack still needs a lot of improvement if we're to trouble good sides.. the commentators can see the issues so I'm hoping Taylor was listening. A top team would have put 60 on that effort by Titans

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
i thought we had turned the corner for the first time in years by leading 26 nil at half time but obviously we run out of fitness after 40 mins because we almost capitulated and went close to losing in the end considering they lost their fullback and had one player sent off and another in the sinbin when we went back to our worst playing days against 11 men. Had we lost we would have been yet again the laughing stock of league. Make notes boys do not allow the supporters to get that humiliation ever again thank you.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
It got real ugly there. It was hard to watch. At least we got the win and can take a good lesson there because that was super complacent.