• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Official Blake Green to remain at Knights

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Trophy Points
GREEN TO TURN BACK ON BULLDOGS FOR KNIGHTS
  • November 7, 2020 6:08pm
  • MARK ST JOHN
Bulldogs recruit Blake Green is set to stay with the Knights after his short stint in Newcastle in 2020 ended with a long-term knee injury.

Green was signed by the Bulldogs on a one-year-deal, but Brent Read reported the Knights are set to agree to a deal with Canterbury to have him stay in the Hunter and plot a coaching career with the Knights after one final season on the field.

“There was a bit of talk Blake Green might end up staying in Newcastle,” Read said on Triple M.
“He signed a one-year-deal with Canterbury after this season, but there was talk he might stay in Newcastle because they came to him with a deal to stay next year and eventually become a coach. It look like that will happen. I would expect that to get rubber-stamped soon. Green will play next year in Newcastle when he recovers from his knee reconstruction and eventually become a coach at the club.”

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
We still have 2 spaces left for next season according to the roster it's a lottery atm whom we get. Burton would be so good but we still need a decent hooker

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
if as Wests claim they have a heads of agreement with JAC for 4 seasons I would say we have missed the boat there. Sooo let the guessing continue

K E

Eat Up Martha
Trophy Points
if as Wests claim they have a heads of agreement with JAC for 4 seasons I would say we have missed the boat there. Sooo let the guessing continue

What's looks to be the case, and I could be dead wrong, is that JAC knows what a mess the Ninth Tigers are and is doing everything he can to avoid going there, including staying in the Covid infested shit hole that is Victoria.

He's a free agent come 2022 and the is free to sign with whoever will give him fullback money.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points

He looked pretty dirty when they asked him about his heads of agreement with Wests lol doesn't seem real keen

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Well I cant believe JAC's manager signed a heads of agreement without consulting with JAC but with all respect to many players some don't even understand what a heads of agreement entails.

In general, an Heads of Agreement can be effective to provide:

• a framework for the parties to negotiate a final business contract;
  • a record of key terms agreed on to date;
  • evidence of a party’s commitment for the benefit of third parties such as banks or potential investors;
  • a mechanism for dealing with pre-contractual issues such as exclusivity, confidentiality, due diligence and intellectual property;
  • a degree of confidence that a deal is probable before the parties incur further expense.
  • Having said that it is an intention to agree but is NOT a BINDING CONTRACT in Legal Terms

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
So yes Howard JAC could tell his manager to stick it but his manager may point out to him that it could be perceived unprofessional to walk away from one which could put off other parties trying to negotiate a contract with him .
For the uninformed its basically a handshake but in todays world handshakes basically mean nothing because very little is honorable in business today.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
So yes Howard JAC could tell his manager to stick it but his manager may point out to him that it could be perceived unprofessional to walk away from one which could put off other parties trying to negotiate a contract with him .
For the uninformed its basically a handshake but in todays world handshakes basically mean nothing because very little is honorable in business today.

yeah true but I don't think the top clubs care too much what happens to the bottom clubs because they know that they are smarter and won't allow themselves to be screwed over... they don't allow the players to be bigger than the club

K E

Eat Up Martha
Trophy Points
Been conformed by the Covid state and the team that will forever run Ninth that JAC I staying put for the 2021 season.

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Been conformed by the Covid state and the team that will forever run Ninth that JAC I staying put for the 2021 season.
why did I suspect that would happen he will sign with someone by June 2021 for the 2022 season and watch the $$$$$$