• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

News Bulldogs $3 million bid to retain Matt Burton

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Trophy Points

Bulldogs' $3 million bid to lock up gun playmaker Matt Burton revealed​

By Zachary Gates - 21st September 2022

The Bulldogs have reportedly tabled a "massive offer" in their bid to retain gun playmaker Matt Burton, but Canterbury supremo Phil Gould uttered just two words when pressed for his confirmation.

Canterbury has presented Burton a four-year deal worth $3 million-plus, according to Danny Weidler on Nine's 100% Footy. The 22-year-old is contracted to the Bulldogs until the end of 2023 and has a player option for 2024.

Gould remained tight-lipped in his seat on the 100% Footy panel, only saying the words "commercial confidentiality".

"I think that Matt Burton is in a position where he wants to stay at the Bulldogs. He likes the direction the club is heading, particularly with Cameron Ciraldo being appointed and the top dog being in charge, as well, Phil Gould." Weidler said.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I can't see him leaving, the top clubs have their halves set and he appears to be happy at the club as mentioned.

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Im sure one of the "favourits clubs" at the NRL will be allowed dispensation to raise that offer to 4 million . i can see more paper bags being made up in the off season now.

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
on another note can anyone let me know if the sunday match final between panthers and dogs in reserve grade is actually being televised and what time please and what channel?

Trophy Points
on another note can anyone let me know if the sunday match final between panthers and dogs in reserve grade is actually being televised and what time please and what channel?
In my "To WATCH" schedule currently:
SUN 25th SEP 3PM NSW Cup Grand Final NSWRLTV aka Facebook
SUN 25th SEP 7:35PM PMs vs PNG NRL CH9 (Gem)/Foxtel