• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Official Bulldogs Board changes.

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Trophy Points
OUT: John Ballesty
OUT: Paul Dunn
OUT: Lynne Anderson (Chairperson).

PROMOTED TO CHAIR: John Khoury (Chairperson).

IN: Jim Koutsouklakis
IN: Andrew Gifford
IN: Peter McMahon

Three new Directors to join the Bulldogs Football Club Board
bulldogs.com.au
Fri 16 Oct 2020, 04:08 PM

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs Football Club have filled the three vacancies on its Board, by appointing Jim Koutsouklakis, Andrew Gifford and Peter McMahon as new Directors.

Each of the new Directors will bring valuable experience and expertise to the Board leading into an exciting pre-season period for the club.

Jim Koutsouklakis, is a senior finance professional with more than 20 years experience in Finance and Business Advisory, in addition to being a current Director of the Canterbury League Club Board.

Andrew Gifford, a CPA for 30 years, is an experienced Finance Director and Member of the Australian Institute of Management, who has been an independent Member of the Football Club Finance, Risk and Audit Committee since 2018.

Peter McMahon, brings previous Football Club Board experience, having been a Director from 2011 - 2018, in addition to sitting on the Canterbury League Club Board between 2014-18. He is also one of Australia's leading Real Estate lawyers.

Bulldogs Chair John Khoury was pleased to be able to announce the three new Directors:
"We have spent a great deal of time over the past week interviewing various people who we think would be the right fit for our Board and I'm delighted that we have been able to announce our three new Directors.
Each will bring a fresh energy and individual skill set and, most importantly, a real passion for the Bulldogs. We are now settled as a Board and can look forward to making sure that the club is in a strong position heading into the pre-season and beyond."

Trophy Points
Finance, Finance, and Contractual Lawyer. Probably a perfect addition.

I think we are in good hands moving forwards.

According to the Bulldogs site:

John Khoury (Chairman)
Chief Technology Officer at Allied Pinnacle since March 2019
Diploma of Information Technology, Information Technology Prince2 Project Management, Management, and Business Administration and Management

Joseph Thomas (Deputy Chairman)
Owner and Director of CEJ Fashion Promotions P/L – Est. Oct 1999

Adrian Turner
Senior Manager Client Engagement at Transport for NSW since February 2019
Master of Business Administration (MGSM) and Master of Management (MGSM)
Post Graduate Diploma of Management (MGSM)

Peter Mortimer
Founder and owner of Mortimer’s Wines Pty Ltd Orange since 1995

Jim Koutsouklakis
Director and owner of AlphaOne Advisory firm.

Andrew Gifford
Experienced Finance Director and Member of the Australian Institute of Management.
Independent Member of the Football Club Finance, Risk and Audit Committee since 2018.

Peter McMahon
Ex Clayton UTZ partner (in Real Estate law).

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I looked up the latest (2018?) list of members and saw Sammy Kasiano was on the list. Love Dogzilla.

ahh yes... the guy who the Storm destroyed..... one of many players you don't hear about because Bellyache makes every player better

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
He was on the wane after he left us but one of my favourites while with us. Gave us something different but another of those players you think what a shame they havent used all their God given talent.

Speaking of that...Brenko is playing in a GF!!! Now thats weird.

Yeah I think the rule changes really made it harder for guys like Sam and then when he went to the Storm I think they just overworked the bloke.. I mean he looked anorexic... I think he was just like yeah not doing that again

Very weird... but tbh I dunno about you but I didn't think he was that bad when he was with us.. we've kept worse players over the years.. but anyway good on the bloke for sticking with it, especially after being discarded from the TITANS of all teams

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Had a lot of attacking flair but his defence was terrible. As usual tho with our club, didnt appear to get specialized coaching to correct flaws.

There needed to be a hybrid of the Dogs Sam and the Storm Sam... off the kebabs but not anorexic

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
No one can say a bad word about Sam or Rhyse Martin in my books.

Controversial I guess haha but I really liked them both.

It's a shame that Rhys left so early into his NRL career, but I guess he can always try to get another contract over here.. funnily enough he was one of the guys who made Lachy look ok

Trophy Points
No one can say a bad word about Sam or Rhyse Martin in my books.

Controversial I guess haha but I really liked them both.
Rhyse was a top bloke both on and off the field. Always had time for the fans after games.

Shame we couldn't keep him really.

K E

Eat Up Martha
Trophy Points
ahh yes... the guy who the Storm destroyed..... one of many players you don't hear about because Bellyache makes every player better

Oh! Careful. Don't mock the bestest coach ever. You know, the guy who failed miserably at SOO and would not dare leave a team that has Cameron Smith in it.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Oh! Careful. Don't mock the bestest coach ever. You know, the guy who failed miserably at SOO and would not dare leave a team that doesn't have Cameron Smith in it.

Yes well we saw what happened when Storm played a GF without Cam... 40-0.....

K E

Eat Up Martha
Trophy Points
Yes well we saw what happened when Storm played a GF without Cam... 40-0.....

It annoys the hell out of me the way people (mostly media) think this guy can walk on water. He can coach, no doubt about that but this He TuRnS EvErY PlAyEr InTo a SuPeRsTaR crap is annoying as hell. He was blessed with having arguably the greatest fullback ever, one of the best halfbacks to play the game and THE best 9 to play the game ever. And I've always said it all along that it's all Cameron Smith.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
It annoys the hell out of me the way people (mostly media) think this guy can walk on water. He can coach, no doubt about that but this He TuRnS EvErY PlAyEr InTo a SuPeRsTaR crap is annoying as hell. He was blessed with having arguably the greatest fullback ever, one of the best halfbacks to play the game and THE best 9 to play the game ever. And I've always said it all along that it's all Cameron Smith.

Yeah I know what you mean.. I mean I'm not gonna say he's not a quality coach, but he hit the jackpot with the big 3, who's careers likely pan out similar to what they did no matter where they played, especially Cam400

K E

Eat Up Martha
Trophy Points
Yeah I know what you mean.. I mean I'm not gonna say he's not a quality coach, but he hit the jackpot with the big 3, who's careers likely pan out similar to what they did no matter where they played, especially Cam400

Oh, no doubt he can coach. He completely out coached Hasler in the '12 GF. But the credit he gets is sickening.

And the whole "every coach who comes from Melbourne is the next Sir Alex Ferguson" garbage is annoying, too.