• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

News Bulldogs sign Titans halfback Toby Sexton in immediate transfer deal

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
This could be good for us. He's definitely got a much better short kicking game than our guys.

Trophy Points
Best part is he's a halfback. That allows Burton to go and focus on his running game and play off the cuff more.

Sexton is probably where the club expected Flanno to be around this time this year.

Rajab and KO and the like need a bit more time I feel.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I was watching some footage of Toby when he played his first few games with the Titans.. he looked like he was barking orders which is a really positive sign.. yes that's a halfbacks job, but some young guys don't always find their voice early on.

Do any of you guys recall him playing in our junior ranks? It must have been when Holbrook was at the club.. or was he just in our junior pathways? I read something about him being contracted to us when he played u18s for QLD and Australia.

Last edited:

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I know its only one game but geez Sexton showed his maturity tonight.. arrives in Sydney this week, trains twice with the team and took charge of the side coming up with some threatening moments with with the ball, and a match saving play. This is the type of character we need in the halves, and Burton will benefit greatly.

BomberBurton

Sending them high in the sky.
Trophy Points
Absolutely agree and will be interesting to see his rate of growth as a half as he finds confidence.

BomberBurton

Trophy Points
Imagine being Toby atm, rejected, and sent to QLD Cup, again.
Only to be signed by the Dogs, immediately play a pivotal role in the win @7, and be lauded as the 2nd coming of christ by the Club's supporters.
Hope he builds on this platform with consistency and incremental improvements.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I'm actually surprised nobody else picked him up. QLD and Australian school boy, was tipped for big things. Titans issue was never their attack, but always defence.

BomberBurton

Trophy Points
I'm actually surprised nobody else picked him up. QLD and Australian school boy, was tipped for big things. Titans issue was never their attack, but always defence.
Spoiled goods, skin is bruised and most are too shallow to bother analysing what the fruit inside is like.
Gus did and scored and we've scored juicy ripe Qld reject Mango.
Look at how many of our rejects don't get picked up despite significant promise, yet are left on the shelf to spoil.
Wise managers view potential within their chef's ability and act accordingly.
Lichaa very likely could have made a good 9 if under a decent enough coach and team around him.
Same deal with Lewis, he had potential, yet was not utilised to his potential and shaped that to be the best he could be.