• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Official Bulldogs Unveil Special 2023 ANZAC Round Jersey

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Caitlin Glanville
Media & Communications Manager
Sat 15 Apr 2023, 10:00 AM

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have unveiled the jerseys that their team will proudly wear in the upcoming 2023 NRL Premiership ANZAC Round, on Saturday April 22 (Round 8).

Kicking off just before the going down of the sun at 5:30pm, the Bulldogs will face off against the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks at Accor Stadium to mark the occasion.

The team will be wearing the Club's latest design, a jersey that has been inspired by our ANZAC heroes.

Front of the Bulldogs 2023 ANAZC Round Jersey

Front of the Bulldogs 2023 ANAZC Round Jersey

On the 25th of April 1915, Australian and New Zealand soldiers formed part of the allied expedition that set out to capture the Gallipoli peninsula. These became known as ANZACs and the pride they took in that name continues to this day.

It is the Bulldogs' honour to wear a commemorative jersey and play in an NRL Round that respects our ANZAC heroes.

The Bulldogs usual blue stripes have been switched out for a rosemary chevron design in this special edition jersey.

According to tradition, rosemary is worn as a symbol of loyalty, fidelity and remembrance. The rosemary forming our chevron meets at a singular, red poppy, and represents all those who served and died fighting for our freedom.

The aromatic herb grows wild on the Gallipoli Peninsula in Turkey, where many brave Australian and New Zealand troops served during World War I. It is used in ANZAC day services and ceremonies around the world, as a reminder of the sacrifices made by those who served their country.

At the centre of the chest, is the red poppy. It is customary to wear a red poppy on ANZAC Day as a sign of respect and gratitude for the sacrifices made by our ANZAC soldiers. The red poppy in this years' jersey is also a nod to the 2022 design, as well as a stark reminder of all those who served and were lost, but never forgotten.

The poem, 'For the Fallen' also adorns the Bulldogs 2023 ANZAC Jersey. For the Fallen was written by English writer, Laurence Binyon. The most well-known verse from Binyon's poem is the fourth stanza, The Ode, which is often recited during ceremonies of remembrance:

E kore rātou e kaumātuatia
Pēnei i a tātou kua mahue nei
E kore hoki rātou e ngoikore
Ahakoa pehea i ngā āhuatanga o te wā
I te hekenga atu o te rā
Tae noa ki te aranga mai i te ata
Ka maumahara tonu tātou ki a rātou.
Ka maumahara tonu tātou ki a rātou.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun, and in the morning,
We will remember them.
We will remember them.

You can read the full poem, 'For the Fallen', here.

The final detail of the Bulldogs 2023 ANZAC Round Jersey represents mateship and strength, and reminds us of the ANZAC Spirit.

Back of the Bulldogs 2023 ANAZC Round Jersey

Back of the Bulldogs 2023 ANAZC Round Jersey

The Australian and New Zealand Flags, which were flown side by side during The Battle of Gallipoli, feature on the back of the jersey in honour of the proud homelands to which our ANZACs served to protect.

The flags sit side by side as a symbol of unity and shared sacrifice.

The Bulldogs 2023 ANZAC Round Jersey is available to purchase now, and all player worn jersey's will be available to purchase via auction post match.

Auction details will be shared on our social media channels, as well as direct to Members.

PURCHASE YOUR 2023 ANZAC ROUND JERSEY NOW

A portion of the proceeds will be donated to the Kokoda Track Memorial Walkway, a local memorial walkway that serves our community as an educational resource and principle site of commemoration.

The Walkway honours all those who fought and served for Australia in World War II and acts as a link with the past for today's and future generations. Donations help keep the memorial in pristine condition in tribute to all the men and women who have given so much in defence of our country.

To find out more about the Kokoda Track Memorial Walkway, visit https://www.kokodawalkway.com.au/

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
This is actually a beautiful jersey, whilst still keeping within the typical Anzac type style... it's like a mix of tradition with some modern day influences.. and on Anzac Day we think about those have served, and are currently serving. They are selfless individuals.

Trophy Points
Only thing I don't like is the poppy which looks kinda like a stinkhorn fungus. Would look nicer as a collletion of them.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
HAHAHA. I like it, I like how it ties in with the badges. Three like they normally do could have also worked. I suspect that part looks better in real life.

I like that there's a bit of thought being put into our jerseys... they are simple, but you can see the effort has been put in as far as structure goes.. that's when design is at its peak... when something is just pleasing to the eye.

I noticed the Anzac jersey has sold out on the Bulldogs shop website.. I'm considering getting one to frame... I'm not really that type of person, but my parents have a gaming room with other memorabilia.