• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Burton

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Is Ciraldo the only one left who doesn't realise Burton is a centre? Watch the halves at other clubs, they play with high energy and a willingness to make something happen.. Kyle was the scapegoat imo he looked pretty good last night.

Hutch is a bit similar to Burton as well so unless Toby comes back into the side, it's not looking like much will change from last year.

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
drop the fullback put cricton there and bring bronson xerri into the wing for JAC position and put Burton back into the centres and find a decent 5/8th then watch us fly

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
it appears that nothing has been learnt from the abject failure of the club last season. Join the dogs in your new retirement home previous good players!!

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
it appears that nothing has been learnt from the abject failure of the club last season. Join the dogs in your new retirement home previous good players!!

I think our biggest issue now is Gus's fixation on the future.... Don't get me wrong, it will all be worth it in the long run, because we're seeing a lot of good things happening in the lower grades, and so far this season including the trials our first graders do look more committed... but geez I do think we have dropped the ball by not going after some of the experienced big boys who have been on the market in recent years... We come up against the Sharks tonight who are another big pack, and I just think they will run over the top of our guys.

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
we are done again.......... 18-6 slack defence useless attack too many midgets on the field against bigger men ie a winger a fullback and a hooker and ahalf that cant even kick properly on the 6th pathetic and the coach had better wake up before we end up last again. and kikau is absolutely useless waste of moeny and space Gould will never be a genius cos he is not scuting the right players again utility second graders !!! You can bet the coach will say again good game boys great defence and attack. what ajoke this club is becoming . Us supporters are entitled to be hypocritical after 5 years of pathetic teams and still no difference. Score now 24-6o backing up or support. every club knows how to beat the dogs just play big forwards up the middle and they will split lol. Score now 24-6

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Talk about rubbing it in sharks they lead 24-6 with 1 minute to go and kick a field goal to rub it right into the dogs faces

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
What attack? oh you mean when they cart it up for 6 and dont pass it or drop the ball or kicky in crazy situations or dont make 30 meteres in 6 tackles then when they get to the sixth no one has a clue what to do with the ball . It's pure park football play.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
What attack? oh you mean when they cart it up for 6 and dont pass it or drop the ball or kicky in crazy situations or dont make 30 meteres in 6 tackles then when they get to the sixth no one has a clue what to do with the ball . It's pure park football play.

Burton has a few runs and all of a sudden it's "his best game" yet that effort would have been an average game for a top half. We just aren't asking enough questions. All the one out stuff isn't going to cut it.

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
has anyone seen this before? asshole is trying to get into the dolphins or Broncos after chasing a boxing career the league should outlaw these pikers
"
Wayne Bennett has taken a cheeky dig at Tevita Pangai Junior, with the Dolphins coach left the door open for the star forward to sign with the club.

After retiring from the NRL at the end of last season to pursue a career in boxing, Pangai has already backflipped on the decision, signing with Souths Logan as he begins his journey back to the top grade through Queensland Cup.

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
just take a look at the listed team for this weekends round 3 same old same except in the forwards where knight is in. I we couldnt win twice with the same team and no impression on last years results then why stick with the same. i can tell you if we lose this one the heads are about to roll in the club and not just in the players. It appears like last year we are stuck with another dud fullback same of the same old thing as last year except we have two halves now not making any impression and a hooker with no improvement. looks like another lean or leaner season coming up and no one in the club having any clue how to fix it. and once again it's a case of stuff the supporters we dont care we are all safe in our jobs bugger the supporters.

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
just take a look at the listed team for this weekends round 3 same old same except in the forwards where knight is in. I we couldnt win twice with the same team and no impression on last years results then why stick with the same. i can tell you if we lose this one the heads are about to roll in the club and not just in the players. It appears like last year we are stuck with another dud fullback same of the same old thing as last year except we have two halves now not making any impression and a hooker with no improvement. looks like another lean or leaner season coming up and no one in the club having any clue how to fix it. and once again it's a case of stuff the supporters we dont care we are all safe in our jobs bugger the supporters.
And once again Gould still justifying his position by constantly reminding the supporters we are in rebuild stage. You might be able to fool the club supporters for a while but eventually it will catch up with you and you will fall on your own sword .

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I must say I'm eating my words.. Burton is starting to become more effective as a half.. I think Critta and Kikau are giving him more confidence to back himself.

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
There is no doubt he has improved but he still needs a decent half back beside him and it just might have come to light this weekend when Taffe came into the half back position. He is quick and unpredictable so if it was me i would be prepared to give him a run at half back!