• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Dashcam Cameras in Cars

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

K E

Eat Up Martha
Trophy Points
Why, as far as I know, has no manufacturer made these a standard features?

When there are accidents police ask for dashcam footage so why has no one made them a standard or even an optional feature? Practically every new car has cameras for lane assist, why not add a small one for something like this?

Trophy Points
It's actually a really good point and something I have often wondered myself.

Closest was Subarus EyeSight camera system from memory.

Front and rear dash cams, surely its easy to implement.

K E

Eat Up Martha
Trophy Points
Is it a legal thing? Manufacturers don't want to end up in court or something? I mean with all the useless shit cars these days have this is a feature that should be standard in all cars, IMO.

Trophy Points
Maybe concerned with them being unreliable/head damaged.. that's all I can think as it doesn't make much sense not to. Heck car manufacturers could even install some externally on the front and rear pillars.

Or are there maybe privacy issues with some countries?

Wahesh

Beast by Name, Beast by Nature
Trophy Points
I reckon in the future, they will be, along with Satellite GPS. We're just not there yet. Much like driver-less cars, they'll be a thing in years to come, and they even have some now, but they're just not a standard thing. I don't think I'll ever like the driver-less cars though, I love being in control like many people. But they'll be good for people such as the elderly and people are who are sick etc... so there are plenty of positives with it.

Wahesh

Beast by Name, Beast by Nature
Trophy Points
I’d prefer to procure my own. Something that allows me to turn off GPS.
There are manufacturer issued ones that come with the cars these days that you can turn off. It's just cheaper to get them with the vehicle rather than buy an aftermarket one.