• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Official Dean Pay Quits Bulldogs

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Trophy Points
BREAKING: Dean Pay ‘quits’ as Dogs coach as Canterbury seek permission to speak with Barrett

Dean Pay has quit as Bulldogs coach with the team stranded in bottom place on the NRL ladder, according to reports.

Pay’s fate was set to be decided at a phone hook-up today and it looks as though last weekend’s loss to the Broncos was his last in charge.

Channel Nine claim that Pay, who has won just one game this season, has walked rather than be pushed.

It is expected that the club will make an official announcement on Tuesday.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Fuck I hate the media man..

I know I've harsh on Dean lately myself but they don't have to use unflattering images of the bloke during the situation... he's not the only coach who can't get his team going rn

Sleeky

Squad Member
Trophy Points
He had to go. But I have more respect for him that he has quit without dragging the club or name through mud (don’t know if he could have anyway but would rather not leave it to chance).

Good bloke, but we are here to be successful, not nice.

K E

Eat Up Martha
Trophy Points
While I do believe he was set up to fail it was the right decision. He jumped before he was pushed but make no mistake, our problems simply don't disappear now that Pay has gone. We need the world's biggest broom to sweep through all but a small handful of people in involved in the club. Players and management.

Trophy Points
The board will claim Pay was a Dib signing (as will the apologists), whilst overlooking that our current board re-signed Pay early in the piece.

BomberBurton

Sending them high in the sky.
Trophy Points
I wonder if the board did one thing right and afforded Pay the chance to resign, rather than be fired.

BomberBurton

Sending them high in the sky.
Trophy Points
Was time a season ago.
At least he had the dignity of choosing his exit to some extent.
Now for the board and Pricey to do the same.

TDS-Reporter

SM
Trophy Points
Canterbury star Kieran Foran admits the players shoulder part of the blame for coach Dean Pay walking out on the NRL club on Tuesday. Pay addressed the playing group about …

Continue reading...

Feed courtesy of Sportsnews.com.au