• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Defy Impossible | Bulldogs v Eels Preliminary Final, 1998 | Feature | NRL

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
NRL.com remembers the 1998 preliminary final between the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs and the Parramatta Eels

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Imagine if the first field goal attempt went over, that would be hands down one of the most insane league moments ever. It still is pretty damn insane given how close it went.

Bad Billy

Squad Member
Trophy Points
That was one hell of a day. I was there, right behind the posts chook kicked us into extra time, over.
My mate left early, he said later that when he got to his car and turned on the radio we’d scored twice and he was considering running back.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
That was one hell of a day. I was there, right behind the posts chook kicked us into extra time, over.
My mate left early, he said later that when he got to his car and turned on the radio we’d scored twice and he was considering running back.

Man it must have been exciting when Rod Silva got shout out of a canon.. that was such a nice piece of play. That whole last 10 minutes was epic.

Bad Billy

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Man it must have been exciting when Rod Silva got shout out of a canon.. that was such a nice piece of play. That whole last 10 minutes was epic.
Relf and Silva used to do that all the time. Crazy good combination.
I wonder how may of silva’s try’s were off a relf flick?

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Relf and Silva used to do that all the time. Crazy good combination.
I wonder how may of silva’s try’s were off a relf flick?

Ah true. I can't remember all that well I was quite young at the time.. Man we've had some great players at the club.