• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Epic Mug/Bowl Cake

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Trophy Points
It's winter, and that means out with the cold deserts and in with the warm ones.

PREP:
1 x fork or whisk
1 x microwavable bowl (because if you melt that fucker it's not on me!)

INGREDIENTS:
4 x tablespoons of self raising flour (because plain flour is a lazy cunt). You can use plain flour and baking powder, but you're on your own there.
3 or 4 x tablespoons of brown sugar or castor sugar (the more the sweeter).
3 x tablespoons of cocoa powder, drinking chocolate, or Milo (I use one of each). Custard powder + flavouring also works if you're a vanilla fan.
1 x tablespoon of maple syrup / honey / golden syrup (OPTIONAL).
1 x PINCH of table salt (OPTIONAL)
3 x tablespoons of vegetable oil.
3 x tablespoons of milk (any type but I use long life skim).

INSTRUCTIONS (MIXING):
1. Put a drop of oil (or use oil spray), in your bowl, and ensure that the sides up to the rim are well lubricated (I know.. I know ... my mind went there too!)
2. Mix all your dry ingredients in first (else your partner MAY crack the shits about oil in the flour/sugar/drinking chocolate).
3. Add in your wet ingredients.
4. Use whisk/fork and stir it up until it's a nice consistency with minimal lumps, and tends to slide off your whisk/fork.

INSTRUCTIONS (COOKING - Based on 1000w microwave):
1. Place the bowl on a plate, and place both in microwave.
2. Default power, and smash it in for between 3 and 4 minutes (based on 1000w microwave).

3 minutes = more pudding like and barely cooked.
3 minutes 30 = normally cooked and perfectly moist.
4 minutes = more chewy, like a brownie.

ENJOY !!!!

NOTE: There have been times I've burnt this (not enough milk), had it explode/burst over the bowl - hence the plate (I think that was not enough oil), and I've made it tasteless (not enough flavouring).

Feel free to play around with it a bit, but the above makes about half a bowl sized cake.

Trophy Points
Sounds good but I burn water and can’t cook to save my life.
Hey... I once managed to melt a bag of chicken nuggets to a microwave tray, making some chicken/plastic hybrid, so the bar for me is incredibly low.

There's only 2 cooking appliances I know how to use (actually I'm entrusted to use in the kitchen): Microwave, and Air Fryer (seriously those things are all kinds of amazing!)