• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Fakebook

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I could talk forever about this vile company, but one feature that is really frigging annoying lately is the "people you may know" section that appears right at the top of your feed, and has no in-app settings to hide it. I mean I think we've moved past that period where people were just adding whoever for the sake of numbers, and now most people just agree that shit is annoying.

First world problems but I know Facebook know when a feature is annoying or intrusive, but will implement it anyway.

What are your Facebook peeves? Or to keep it fair, your Facebook "likes", in my case that would be Messenger as it's free + convenient, and is basically the reason I use Facebook services.

Trophy Points
So much spam on there. Not to mention very little moderation.

Just last night on FB Marketplace I reported someone selling meth, cannibas, and magic mushrooms. Took 30 minutes before they removed it but not all the time they do.

Got me wondering how complicit they are in the sales of drugs via the platform.

I'd have thought the minute you attempted to sell something with certain keywords it'd be nuked.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
There's a weird setting in comment threads where if you reply to another user by @, if you go to reply to the main comment thread afterwards, that user's name will still be tagged, and your comment will appear in that child thread, not the post thread. It's very annoying.

I hate how big tech companies often ignore the whole "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" thing. I think Fakebook were trying to copy Reddit with that light box feature for posts, but they have made a meal of it.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I'm no saint on Facebook and will get into petty arguments after games and what not, but man, what the heck is with grown adults on there who personally attack and call random people names? Lol.

The worst is people that do it while they have kids with them in their profile pictures.

Wahesh

Beast by Name, Beast by Nature
Trophy Points
I really hate the laughing emoji, because every time there's some kind of NRL post from a media company, there is no doubt going to be thousands of people using that Emoji. I really don't like it, it's like people laugh at whatever tough time a certain club is going through.

What I do like however is messenger, and that fact that media files are stored on the platform and not your device. I wish WhatsApp would do the same thing :mad:

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Worst is when you get a serious post and you have clowns putting the laughing emoji on it. The only time I use it is when somebody is acting like a fool, such as the NSW/NRL conspiracy people.

Trophy Points
I really hate the laughing emoji,
I love it, as its multi purpose.
a) "that was a funny post" ; or
b) "holy shit you are a moron - and I'm laughing at you".

Really pisses off cookers and conspiracy clowns when you blast their profiles with like 100 LOL emojis.

:LOL: 😂

I actually had one lady accuse me years ago of "ruining her Facebook profile that took years to create", because I "lol emoji'd" 5 of her posts because she was going on like an idiot about Covid not being real.

Wahesh

Beast by Name, Beast by Nature
Trophy Points
I love it, as its multi purpose.
a) "that was a funny post" ; or
b) "holy shit you are a moron - and I'm laughing at you".

Really pisses off cookers and conspiracy clowns when you blast their profiles with like 100 LOL emojis.

:LOL: 😂

I actually had one lady accuse me years ago of "ruining her Facebook profile that took years to create", because I "lol emoji'd" 5 of her posts because she was going on like an idiot about Covid not being real.
It can really rub people up the wrong way but it's only really valid for the above 2 posts you made. When people use it based on someone's legitimate opinion, that's when it becomes stupid due to over-use.