• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

AEW General Discussion (possible spoilers)

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

CaseyJones

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Has anyone watched AEW?

I find it a better product than WWE at the moment. The wrestlers clearly have more freedom to be creative.

One of my faves is Orange Cassidy (the king of sloth style)

Trophy Points
I tried to get into it once a while back and found it really stunted and poorly choreographed. It didn't seem to flow.

That said I've got a few other eps to give it another chance (like with 205 Live). If it doesn't impress me I probably won't bother a third time.

Trophy Points
Yeah, there was a couple of Awesome moves in the last episode

Check out about 1:30 if you couldn't be bothered to watch the lot. But I recommend the whole thing

I just get impressed by how athetlic some of these guys are. Like a 150kgs bloke doing a springboard handstand or something.

Wahesh

Beast by Name, Beast by Nature
Trophy Points
Live stream of AEW on YouTube:

Trophy Points
Interesting they are utilising Youtube. Smart move against WWE.

Problem I still have with AEW is the action is almost always really disjointed and poorly coreographed.
Wrestler 1 : Do this move.
Wrestler 2: Moves into position.
Wrestler 1: Does move.
Wrestler 2: Picks a move to do.
Wrestler 1: Moves into position.

Maybe it's just a lack of connection between performers, but it just seems very stunted and makes it hard to watch.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Interesting they are utilising Youtube. Smart move against WWE.

Problem I still have with AEW is the action is almost always really disjointed and poorly coreographed.
Wrestler 1 : Do this move.
Wrestler 2: Moves into position.
Wrestler 1: Does move.
Wrestler 2: Picks a move to do.
Wrestler 1: Moves into position.

Maybe it's just a lack of connection between performers, but it just seems very stunted and makes it hard to watch.
The above live-stream I posted (which is now a post-production) had that women's tag team match that like watching wrestling in super slow-mo. I mean I can understand that AEW is in it's early days, but this is something they will need to work on fixing up. Hopefully it's only their women's division that's like this (which is passable).

Skip to 24:00

Trophy Points
The above live-stream I posted (which is now a post-production) had that women's tag team match that like watching wrestling in super slow-mo. I mean I can understand that AEW is in it's early days, but this is something they will need to work on fixing up. Hopefully it's only their women's division that's like this (which is passable).

Skip to 24:00

Every AEW match I've seen to date (admittingly I've only watched 2 episodes and have a third which I havent watched) is the same in that way I described. It's not just the womans matches.

CaseyJones

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Every AEW match I've seen to date (admittingly I've only watched 2 episodes and have a third which I havent watched) is the same in that way I described. It's not just the womans matches.
I tend to disagree,

They are starting to get some good experienced talent in now

Mox (Dean Ambrose)
Like Harper
Zac Ryder
Jericho
FTR
Matt Hardy.

Plus some great Indy talent
Omega
Young bucks
Hangman page

All these guys are actively committed to improving the young talent and not squashing others to pump themselves up.

I am actually enjoying the matches more, and yes there are some missed spots, but there are some awesome high spots toi

Trophy Points
I must admit I watched one the other night (was from back before Double or Nothing) and was "Best friends w Orange Cassidy VS Jungle Team w Matt Stunt (?)". Had Luchasaurus and Jungle Boy. I don't think it was Lucha's best match, but Jungle Boy looks pretty decent.

I've actually been enjoying WWE 205 Live a bit recently.

Harper was never that great in WWE, one of those big for nothing guys.

OH and I noticed in that episode I watched some of the gimmicks need a ton of work. Britt Baker - The Dentist? Some other woman was an alien from the Andromeda galaxy, and others clear rip offs of WWE superstars.

WWE have had so long to fine tune things though so I dare say AEW storylines will get better.

For me NXT and 205 Live are where its at currently.

CaseyJones

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I must admit I watched one the other night (was from back before Double or Nothing) and was "Best friends w Orange Cassidy VS Jungle Team w Matt Stunt (?)". Had Luchasaurus and Jungle Boy. I don't think it was Lucha's best match, but Jungle Boy looks pretty decent.

I've actually been enjoying WWE 205 Live a bit recently.

Harper was never that great in WWE, one of those big for nothing guys.

OH and I noticed in that episode I watched some of the gimmicks need a ton of work. Britt Baker - The Dentist? Some other woman was an alien from the Andromeda galaxy, and others clear rip offs of WWE superstars.

WWE have had so long to fine tune things though so I dare say AEW storylines will get better.

For me NXT and 205 Live are where its at currently.
Funnily enough Britt Baker isn't a gimmick, she actually is a DENTIST.

They let wrestlers bring their independent gimmicks with them, so it isn't so much copying WWE.

jungle boy, interesting fact is Luke Perry's son

Trophy Points
Ahhh that explains it. I'll have to check it out when I've got a bit more time.. as I don't even have time for WWE at the moment (trying to smash through other TV series as my NAS drive is low on space).

I thought he looked familiar in the face :)

Wahesh

Trophy Points
They look very amateurish compared to WWE I must admit, but let's hope they build on their talent (and contact) from here.