• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Official Hook's been hooked!

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

BomberBurton

Sending them high in the sky.
Trophy Points
Just reported on 7 news that the club is sacking him tomorrow.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I feel for that bloke. St George are a right mess. In saying that, we really should go all in on Ben Hunt.

BomberBurton

Trophy Points
Hunt is a Hooker playing in the Halves, otherwise not the solution we're looking for.
S Johnson is off contract this year, I'd look at him over Hunt.
I'd also see what forward St Merge Dragqueens have that are worth poaching, as apparently, the player's groups are absolutely filthy atm with the club's officials, due to their snub of Hunt's 300th game celebration dinner.

Time spent with Hook's daughter suggests he's actually a decent human, so I do wish him well outside of that toxic mess and hopes he takes it as a positive to be released from it.
A huge settlement would also be nice.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
At Origin he's a gun hooker. He's been a really good half for St George and quite often will make a big play that puts St George in a position to win but is let down by some of his teammates. He and Mahoney playing together would be awesome.

I can't see SJ leaving New Zealand now that he's back. I think he will want to finish his career there.

It's a real shame NRL players get away with not putting in, yet the coach loses his job.

This whole notion that it's up to the coach to get the players turning up is crap.. you turn up because your employer is paying you, the coach should just be accountable for how well you play.. if he can get you to give 110%, great, but nobody else in the working world keeps their position if their performances are lacking.

Last edited:

BomberBurton

Trophy Points
I'm not sold on him, St Merge look lost in attack.
The last thing we need is another player coming over to play out of his optimal position.

True, yet if we could convince him, he is likely the best option to guide our future forwards.
Otherwise, get a damned decent halves coach for them.

Too true, and likely why you see some players axed with the new guy arriving.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Each to their own but I think it's his team mates and their crappy attitudes that are the problem.. Hunt had a lot of really good moments last year.. like imagine him playing in that Broncos pack now, or at Penrith.

Having said that, Burton and Karl have plenty of potential if our middles can lay a better platform and put dints/fatigue into the defence.

I don't even know if it's worth sussing out their forwards because they have a lot of the same issues that we do.. JDB and Lawrie are about the only two who turn up each week.

BomberBurton

Trophy Points
Oh, no doubt Mbye is not helping his cause alone, as an example.

A decent pack will afford most, the time to shine, doing so under adversity is what we need in order to win at all costs considering how adverse refs are towards us alone.

Even increasing the price they're paying to retain will further destabilise them, which will help us.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I think Ben had a few years where he was meh as a half but last year he got back to his 2015 type form.

I had to smirk when the Dragons CEO said "we're a results driven business" because I'm thinking you guys have been average since Bennett and the players have been allowed to get away with poor efforts the entire time.

Yeah it bums me out that our spine get so much heat because of their roles but it must be tough when your pack ain't doing their job well.