• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Official Laundy Hotels sign on as major Bulldogs sponsor.

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Trophy Points
Video: https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2020/07/28/bulldogs-announce-laundy-hotels-as-new-major-sponsor/
Article: https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/20...s-announced-as-major-sponsor-of-the-bulldogs/

Laundy Hotels announced as Major Sponsor of the Bulldogs
bulldogs.com.au Tue 28 Jul 2020, 05:26 PM

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs are delighted to announce that Laundy Hotels will become the Major Sponsor of the club until the end of the 2022 season.

The Laundy Family have been in the hotel industry for four generations having originally started the business with the Sackville Hotel in 1945.

Since then the company has gone from strength to strength and become one of the leaders in the industry with a portfolio of hotels across the country, including the Twin Willows in Bass Hill, one of a number of venues that sit in the local region, which remains their heartland.

In 2005 Arthur Laundy was recognised by the National AHA as the 'Hotelier of the Year' as recognition of his 50 years of service to the industry.

Bulldogs Chief Executive Andrew Hill was delighted that the club had been able to form a partnership with such an iconic brand as Laundy Hotels:

"It is fantastic news to be able to welcome Laundy Hotels as our Major Sponsor and to see them adorn the front of our historic jersey. The Laundy family have been in the hotel industry for four generations and are an iconic brand that have been leaders in their field for a long time. They are a family that pride themselves on creating venues that provide great hospitality and a modern family-friendly experience and we feel as though that aspect of a rich history and family values is a great fit with what the Bulldogs stand for. Arthur is a big rugby league fan and someone who has always had a major involvement in the game and through all of our discussions we have found a real togetherness around what both groups hope to bring to the partnership and we can’t wait to see the Laundy name on the front of our jersey for our Round 12 match against the Eels at ANZ Stadium."

Arthur Laundy, Director and owner of Laundy Hotels and lifetime Bulldogs supporter saw the partnership as a representation of the history of both organisations:
"My family grew up in this area. My dad built the Twin Willows pub back in 1964, and it's been in our family ever since. Back then, this place was the unofficial club house. We used to have a beer here with Lynne (Anderson) and her father Bullfrog, and Geoff 'Robbo' Robinson, who lived just up the road. The club's come a long way since then and so have we. But at our heart, this is still our community. We've grown up together and we still share the same values. We want to be a fair dinkum part of the future of this club. We want to be the next generation family pub for the family club."

Trophy Points
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/8257ef7c8f7bd4d32fe8b17e08a34dcc
  • July 28, 2020 5:57pm
  • JAMES HOOPER
The patriarch of the Bulldogs new major sponsor – pub baron Arthur Laundy – intends to take a hands-on approach towards returning Canterbury-Bankstown to an NRL power house.

With a family hotel empire worth more than $500 million, Laundy Hotels have linked with the Bulldogs armed with a blue print aimed at delivering long-term success at Belmore.

In a historical link dating back to the 1980s, the Laundy Family’s new major sponsorship was unveiled at the Twin Willows Hotel in Bass Hill – once the unofficial club house for Canterbury-Bankstown in the 1980s.

Bulldogs legends Terry Lamb, David Gillespie, Peter Mortimer, Geoff Robinson and Joe Thomas were all on hand at the venue where the club famously celebrated premierships in 1980, ‘84, ’85 and ’88.

Laundy has long-admired the way Sydney Roosters kingpin Nick Politis has transformed the Tricolours into an NRL flagship and wants to fast-track the Bulldogs on a similar trajectory.

“The reason I’ve become involved is for 60-odd years the Canterbury district has been very good to my family,” Laundy told Fox Sports.
“I’ll never forget Canterbury’s Entertainers of the 1980s and there’s a number of them here today. This was their local, it didn’t matter where they’d lived, they would all migrate to here."
“This is my family’s opportunity to give something back. I intend to become very involved. I have a very large business and a successful business."
“I will do my absolute utmost to get Canterbury to a successful position in the rugby league competition."
“I don’t know enough of the situation yet but I will be into that situation very, very rapidly. There will be people I will call on for advice".
“I like to talk to the players about life after football and where they intend going. If I can help them get there, I will be helping.”

Laundy’s sons Stu and Craig are both hugely successful members of the family business and have a history with incoming coach Trent Barrett.

The Laundy boys helped put the deal together with Bulldogs CEO Andrew Hill and chair Lynne Anderson.

Barrett was in business with the Laundy family at the Albion Park Hotel in Wollongong and still enjoys close ties with the family.

Champion Bulldogs five-eighth Lamb won titles with the Family club in 1984, 1988 and 1995 and backed the club’s slow build towards success.

“It’s a business decision what the club has made. I’ve heard Trent is a good coach, I know he’s a good bloke so it will be interesting seeing what happens next year,” Lamb said.
“We’re a young team at the moment so we just need to keep building. Everyone wants a premiership straight away but they’re not easy to win. You’ve got to just keep building in the right direction.”

Trophy Points
Over all pretty positive, and Arthur is the driving force behind Laundy Hotels.

The cynical side of me just hopes this isn't an attempt to cement the current board in their positions and make them untouchable.

They are somewhat directionless and lack decision making abilities to a point, and hopefully Arthur being involved can assist in this way too. He's got some pretty handy connections and wouldn't suprise me at all if he calls on some of them to sign up as club sponsors too.

Interesting how many connections there are too. All we need now is a quality talent scout, and start putting together a decent roster.