• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

PC macOS Ventura

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Any of you guys use Apple computers?

I just updated my OS to Ventura, and now my freaking computer won't boot up, though I suspect it's a hard drive issue. It loaded once after a struggle, but now it gets stuck at the loading screen.

Initially I had success removing my keyboard/mouse charger cord, but now nothing. I can't even get into recovery or safe mode. No luck trying to boot with an external hard drive either SMH.

Anybody have any ideas?

The annoying part is that I didn't even need the update, yet.

Trophy Points
That's going to be a "call Apple" issue. Or "into Apple Store" issue.

Did you get it resolved?

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Nah not yet. I'd say the hard drive has had it! Lucky I don't have any work on atm.

Trophy Points
Be coincidental if the hard drive has gone at the same time.

Should be a simple replacement regardless (unless it's one of those Macs with the hard drive hard soldered to the mainboard).

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I think the hard drive was already on its way out, as the computer wasn't running well prior to upgrade. It is replaceable. The annoying part is that I was considering selling the computer.

Trophy Points
I think the hard drive was already on its way out, as the computer wasn't running well prior to upgrade. It is replaceable. The annoying part is that I was considering selling the computer.
Ohhh .. and you can't revert the upgrade?

What size drive is in it?