• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

News Maroons bombshell as Munster and Taulagi test positive for Covid

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Queensland’s Origin III preparations have been thrown into turmoil with Cameron Munster and Murray Taulagi set to be ruled out due to Covid protocols.

The QRL confirmed Munster and Taulagi returned positive RAT Tests in Friday with the pair set to be ruled out of the Suncorp decider in a huge blow.

“Queensland Maroons players Cameron Munster and Murray Taulagi returned positive Rapid Antigen Tests today,” the QRL said in a statement.

“Both players have received PCR swabs to confirm whether they have COVID-19. They are isolating from the group while results from these swabs are pending.

“All other players have returned negative RAT tests.

“The Maroons are following all protocols as advised by the NRL.

“Corey Oates will join the Maroons squad tonight.”

MORE TO COME . . .

Trophy Points
If it's not mind games, that will make things rather interesting for Qld.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
The game will be a dog fight and will be won in the middle/by defence.. We're without Tommy and Latrell and they get a huge home advantage at Suncorp.. Queensland fans have thrown in the towel but it's still even for me. If it was in any other city they'd be 0 chance.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Oates and Deardan in.

Mahoney unlucky for mine but I suspect being in NSW didn't help.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Oates is a good inclusion, Dearden an interesting one.

I can't help but think Billy wouldn't have thrown Dearden in had the game been in NSW, or even Perth.. QLD will get away with plenty at Suncorp and it's gonna be hard for NSW to go after him.

I was actually expecting Oates to get a start initially given the failures of their wing men in game 2.