• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

MS-DOS Games in 1991

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Travel back in time with me to 30 years ago and enjoy this compilation of 82 DOS games from 1991.

Wahesh

Beast by Name, Beast by Nature
Trophy Points
Travel back in time with me to 30 years ago and enjoy this compilation of 82 DOS games from 1991.

That was pretty good. A LOT of games that I don't know are in that list. I played 2 of the Commander Keen games, but none of the 3 in the video. I also didn't know that Paper Boy was on PC, I thought it was only Sega and Arcade. Interesting.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
That was pretty good. A LOT of games that I don't know are in that list. I played 2 of the Commander Keen games, but none of the 3 in the video. I also didn't know that Paper Boy was on PC, I thought it was only Sega and Arcade. Interesting.

I never actually played Commander Keen... pretty underrated game I reckon, for its time.. I actually only found out about it a few years ago when I was watching a documentary on ID >
this is a good watch as well

Wahesh

Trophy Points
I never actually played Commander Keen... pretty underrated game I reckon, for its time.. I actually only found out about it a few years ago when I was watching a documentary on ID >
this is a good watch as well
Oh mate I used to spend many hours after school playing Commander Keen on the old 486 we had back in the 90s. That game was awesome. The 2 I played were Goodbye, Galaxy and Invasion of the Vorticons.

One of my mates had these 4 floppy disks (licensed ones) that these 8 games from Apogee/3D Realms on it. They were fully installable too so once we installed the games we'd bring the disks back to school and give them to the next kid in our group to, install lol. I can't remember the other 6 games on there but I recall there being Halloween Harry (Alien Carnage), Secret Agent, Wolfenstein 3D, and Bio Menace. We're talking 8 decent games on 4 floppy disks - pretty good effort.

A full list of there games is here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_3D_Realms_games

And you can play Commander Keen online here:

https://www.playdosgames.com/online/commander-keen-4/

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Oh mate I used to spend many hours after school playing Commander Keen on the old 486 we had back in the 90s. That game was awesome. The 2 I played were Goodbye, Galaxy and Invasion of the Vorticons.

One of my mates had these 4 floppy disks (licensed ones) that these 8 games from Apogee/3D Realms on it. They were fully installable too so once we installed the games we'd bring the disks back to school and give them to the next kid in our group to, install lol. I can't remember the other 6 games on there but I recall there being Halloween Harry (Alien Carnage), Secret Agent, Wolfenstein 3D, and Bio Menace. We're talking 8 decent games on 4 floppy disks - pretty good effort.

A full list of there games is here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_3D_Realms_games

And you can play Commander Keen online here:

https://www.playdosgames.com/online/commander-keen-4/

Damn man, I feel like I missed out! I reckon I could have wasted a lot of hours playing Commander Keen.. actually on the subject of Apogee, I found this stab at them to be pretty damn hilarious Wolfenstein was always fun.. I think most people had a copy of that at one point back in the day!

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Damn man, I feel like I missed out! I reckon I could have wasted a lot of hours playing Commander Keen.. actually on the subject of Apogee, I found this stab at them to be pretty damn hilarious Wolfenstein was always fun.. I think most people had a copy of that at one point back in the day!
Apogee were very good, the games were easy to install, ran on any PC, and were pretty small in size - not to mention decent graphics as well. Remember Raptor: Call of the Shadows? I remember it had the easiest cheat code. Simply press backspace while playing. It would give you one of the strongest guns in the game (you can then sell at the shop for extra money) and also restore your shield level to 100%. I would continuously abort missions then restart stages re-selling the gun in the shop time and time again and go all out buying additional shields, nuclear bombs, all the best weapons lol... that was awesome.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Apogee were very good, the games were easy to install, ran on any PC, and were pretty small in size - not to mention decent graphics as well. Remember Raptor: Call of the Shadows? I remember it had the easiest cheat code. Simply press backspace while playing. It would give you one of the strongest guns in the game (you can then sell at the shop for extra money) and also restore your shield level to 100%. I would continuously abort missions then restart stages re-selling the gun in the shop time and time again and go all out buying additional shields, nuclear bombs, all the best weapons lol... that was awesome.

I was a big fan of Crystal Caves.. not the best game ever made, but was pretty fun back then.. haha nah I don't recall that game, looks pretty cool though

Wahesh

Trophy Points
I was a big fan of Crystal Caves.. not the best game ever made, but was pretty fun back then.. haha nah I don't recall that game, looks pretty cool though
CRYSTAL CAVES! That's right, that was one of the 8 games on it as well. That one ran on the same engine as Secret Agent did... I remember that now.

Crystal Caves:

1611891191746.png

Secret Agent:

1611891178364.png

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
CRYSTAL CAVES! That's right, that was one of the 8 games on it as well. That one ran on the same engine as Secret Agent did... I remember that now.

Crystal Caves:

View attachment 1271

Secret Agent:

View attachment 1270

yep.. I never played Secret Agent I don't think, but did learn about it.. those games were pretty awesome for the time.. gotta love the OG graphics lol

Trophy Points
Some of those games you can still get on Steam. I've got Crystal Caves and quite a few as part of an Apogee / 3D Realms Anthology pack that was released a while ago.

Word Rescue, Paganitzu, Crystal Caves, Rise of The Triads, etc etc ... about 30 games all up.

Commander Keen and Boulderdash, Bubble Bobble and the like took large chunks of my childhood up.

Then adventure games like Under a Killing Moon and the Tex Murphy FMV adventures.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Some of those games you can still get on Steam. I've got Crystal Caves and quite a few as part of an Apogee / 3D Realms Anthology pack that was released a while ago.
So you're saying that these games have now been optimised for Windows 10? Wow... I gotta get me a copy of that CD!

Trophy Points
So you're saying that these games have now been optimised for Windows 10? Wow... I gotta get me a copy of that CD!
It was on Steam. Crystal cavs has 100% been remastered, not sure on the others. I only run Win7 still.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
It was on Steam. Crystal cavs has 100% been remastered, not sure on the others. I only run Win7 still.
I was using Windows 10 in my old job, then, they changed my laptop and I thought I was still using Windows 7 just with a different theme. Turns out it was Windows 10. My goodness did Microsoft lose their marbles with Windows 8... no wonder why they needed to roll out 8.1 immediately. Thinking something like Windows 8 would work in the business world was just... insane.

Trophy Points
I acutally don't mind W10 on the machines I have it running on here. It's far better than on release that's for sure. Just wish they'd stop breaking shit when releasing updates.

Both my W10 machines personally haven't had issues, but I know computers that have. I only run W10 on the home theatre PCs, so its W10, and Google Chrome and that's about it.