• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

MS-DOS games in 1993

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Actually it was Silverball (same developer) that I used to play

"Did you know Epic Pinball had an evil twin? This is the "forgotten" game in James Schmalz's shareware pinball series! Presented in 60fps for your ball-smacking pleasure".

Wahesh

Beast by Name, Beast by Nature
Trophy Points
The ones that stand out most for me are Blake Stone and Duke Nukem II. As DNII was a platformer, I really enjoyed it.

Blake Stone was something I played around the same time as Doom. A first person shooter but the graphics were more cartoony as opposed to Doom which was going for the more realistic look. Loved both games :)

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
The ones that stand out most for me are Blake Stone and Duke Nukem II. As DNII was a platformer, I really enjoyed it.

Blake Stone was something I played around the same time as Doom. A first person shooter but the graphics were more cartoony as opposed to Doom which was going for the more realistic look. Loved both games :)

Yeah I'm not sure if I ever played the platformer Duke Nukem, or if I just saw it in reviews, but did recognise it.. looks cool..

Oh and Lemmings 2... such a random game is Lemmings..

Trophy Points
Yeah I prefer those simple 2d platformers. Really enjoyable compared to having to remember heaps of key combinations.

Lemmings was one of a kind and still to this day an awesome game.

Just like Bubble Bobble and Baulderdash. Games that were not able to be recreated.

DN2 was around the same time as Commander Keen series.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Yeah I prefer those simple 2d platformers. Really enjoyable compared to having to remember heaps of key combinations.

Lemmings was one of a kind and still to this day an awesome game.

Just like Bubble Bobble and Baulderdash. Games that were not able to be recreated.

DN2 was around the same time as Commander Keen series.
Man those were the days... I remember an old mate from school gave me 4 floppy disks which had 8 games on them, all fully installable lol. Crystal Caves, Bio Menace, Secret Agent, Halloween Harry, Romancing the Rose, 2 x Commander Keen games, and another one that escapes me - all great games. I also bought the original Death Rally game on PC. I've still got the CD lying around here somewhere lol.

Trophy Points
Man those were the days... I remember an old mate from school gave me 4 floppy disks which had 8 games on them, all fully installable lol. Crystal Caves, Bio Menace, Secret Agent, Halloween Harry, Romancing the Rose, 2 x Commander Keen games, and another one that escapes me - all great games. I also bought the original Death Rally game on PC. I've still got the CD lying around here somewhere lol.
How good was Secret Agent!

Do you remember when you'd buy like PC User magazine, and it'd come with a floppy disk with single level demos of Apogee games :D?

They'd be collectors items now I reckon.

We had a crapload of 5 1/4" games as well on an external drive.

These days its nigh on impossible for find even an external 3.5" disk drive.

Steam has a 3DRealms and Apogee collection you can buy as I got it ages ago on sale.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
How good was Secret Agent!

Do you remember when you'd buy like PC User magazine, and it'd come with a floppy disk with single level demos of Apogee games :D?

They'd be collectors items now I reckon.

We had a crapload of 5 1/4" games as well on an external drive.

These days its nigh on impossible for find even an external 3.5" disk drive.

Steam has a 3DRealms and Apogee collection you can buy as I got it ages ago on sale.
It was an awesome platformer - challenging at times and very long too (can take up to 3 hours to complete all missions) - which is good.

I didn't buy the magazines with demos, but my mate did and I got them off him lol.

I used to buy games from the now defunct Go-Lo (kinda like the Reject Shop) for $2 each. Most of the games were ordinary but you would get a cracker here and there like Scorched Earth or Cyber Dogs. Most of them came with a bonus game so 2 games for $2.

When I was in high school though I used to buy PC PowerPlay magazine which came with a CD full of demos on it, and by the time I finished high school it wad called DVD PowerPlay ( :ROFLMAO: ) and would come with a crapload of demos as well as a full version game.

I also used to ready Hyper magazine (cross-consoles) at school which funnily enough our library used to purchase.