• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Game NRL Highlights: Cowboys v Eels - Finals Week 3

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Regan's second stint really shifted momentum.. he fired them up. Lane's second half was mental, and that pass for the Sivo try was immense.

Honestly I feel like this was a turning point for Parra, we all know they are capable of winning big games in tight circumstances but they haven't had the best of times in finals series for a while.. although coming up against Penrith certainly doesn't help!

Trophy Points
I watched the NRL Mini of it (where they cut out all the stoppages and stuff).

Interesting game, but some really dodgy calls went Parra way. I'm gobsmacked that in 2022 the bunker cannot rule on forward passes, as the first Parra try was a metre forwards.

Short celebration for Parra fans though as they played their grand final in this game. Regardless if its Souths or Panthers if either of those sides are on for the day, it's going to be a massacre.

Even though Eels beat Panthers twice this year, and lost to Souths both times.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I watched the NRL Mini of it (where they cut out all the stoppages and stuff).

Interesting game, but some really dodgy calls went Parra way. I'm gobsmacked that in 2022 the bunker cannot rule on forward passes, as the first Parra try was a metre forwards.

Short celebration for Parra fans though as they played their grand final in this game. Regardless if its Souths or Panthers if either of those sides are on for the day, it's going to be a massacre.

Even though Eels beat Panthers twice this year, and lost to Souths both times.

Yeah true but in saying that Cows got heaaps of soft (home ground advantage) penalties and set restarts, like Parra could well have been gassed just on the back of bias refereeing. Holmes' pass for Murray's try was also forward.

I think all and all it evens itself out and Parra were the better side.. their defence was just about the best I've seen from them.

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Im so glad Souths got smacked the performance of Mitchell and Walker was pathetic. The big wraps they put on Mitchell is unjustified and the niggling tactics of Walker when it was obvious they couldn't win was typical of the grub. go the panthers !

Trophy Points
Im so glad Souths got smacked the performance of Mitchell and Walker was pathetic. The big wraps they put on Mitchell is unjustified and the niggling tactics of Walker when it was obvious they couldn't win was typical of the grub. go the panthers !
Walker is my most disliked player in the NRL. I'm almost certain when he retires, we'll hear of him being arrested and jailed for doing something stupid (like Joel Romelo and Ben Barba). Just has that chip on his shoulder.

Wonder if Tahne Milne will return before Origin next year? That was one of the worst swinging arm tackles I have seen in a long time. Was deliberate and reckless.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Walker is my most disliked player in the NRL. I'm almost certain when he retires, we'll hear of him being arrested and jailed for doing something stupid (like Joel Romelo and Ben Barba). Just has that chip on his shoulder.

Wonder if Tahne Milne will return before Origin next year? That was one of the worst swinging arm tackles I have seen in a long time. Was deliberate and reckless.

I just don't get what the chip on his shoulder is, the bloke is in such a privileged position being paid well to do what he loves, has a good young family.. I dunno I hope for his sakes he just stays involved with the game and doesn't do anything stupid... he makes it really hard to enjoy watching Souths games.

Souths need to sit him out, honestly he'll have a bad rep now and referees will be watching him closer. He should have been suspended after the Roosters game!

Trophy Points
I just don't get what the chip on his shoulder is, the bloke is in such a privileged position being paid well to do what he loves, has a good young family.. I dunno I hope for his sakes he just stays involved with the game and doesn't do anything stupid... he makes it really hard to enjoy watching Souths games.
Some people are just born wankers. Let's not forget he's had past allegations and issues surrounding him.

Souths need to sit him out, honestly he'll have a bad rep now and referees will be watching him closer. He should have been suspended after the Roosters game!
6-7 weeks for that high shot. Absolutely laughable that the NRL think it's only worth that much. Should have been double that.

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
you guys must realise by now along with commentators on foxtel that souths are the pin up team and with refs its the same situation

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Some people are just born wankers. Let's not forget he's had past allegations and issues surrounding him.

6-7 weeks for that high shot. Absolutely laughable that the NRL think it's only worth that much. Should have been double that.

Yeah I know. Honestly he's lucky he's even allowed to play the game the way he carries on.. he's not good for the image of the game that's for sure!

if they actually did him for the Roosters game he'd be really screwed, although he would have missed the Penrith clash!