• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

NRL players playing in the Super League

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
There's such a diverse group of NRL players in the Super League, you've got guys who were at the back end of their NRL careers, guys who played a few seasons, guys who played just a handful of NRL, and even those who were yet to crack it.

This is a thread to discuss anything NRL players in the Super League (or vice versa).

As I'm watching Huddersfield v Wakefield on Replay it got me thinking about when Mason Lino first came on the scene, he had that game where he dominated against the Roosters, and it was like, this guys gonna be great ..but then he went to the Knights. I wonder how he would have gone under a top coach.

The same goes for Blake Austin. Blake was an exciting player but had some moments and also wasn't great defensively, but if rumours were true about the Storm being somewhat interested prior to him leaving for the UK it would have been interesting to see that unfold.

Trophy Points
Yeah then there are the players who came out here seen as superstars in ESL who flopped hard.

Sam Tomkins probably the most well known.

There was also Curtis Naughton the Roosters promised the world to and dumped hard, and this season the Gildart from Tigers isn't firing much either.

Lino was a good player actually.

Josh Reynolds is killing it over there apparently.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Yeah I think a lot of them struggle to get themselves into the game. Gildart had a couple of decent runs on the weekend but I don't think he'll be a stand out here.

Josh is about at the level where he was prior to leaving us, but the team suits him in that they play gritty.

Lino was good in the aforementioned game setting up one try and scoring another in a losing performance, and actually it was Danny Levi who starred in that one for the winning team Giants.

The player who is probably the pick of the lot right now is Jai Field for Wigan, having a really good season.. I won't be surprised if at some stage he returns to the NRL.

Last edited:
Trophy Points
Field and Lino were both always capable players, its just there were better players ahead of them.

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Let me just say that after watching Hastings demolish us against the tigers last night . He has been a really good organiser since coming back from the UK league. Pity we didnt try and pick him up in hindsight.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Let me just say that after watching Hastings demolish us against the tigers last night . He has been a really good organiser since coming back from the UK league. Pity we didnt try and pick him up in hindsight.

I'd be interested to see how Kyle would go under his father.. He's shown that he's a confidence player. Burton is getting better with each game as well.

I think they've gotta give these guys at least a season together and then maybe look to bring an experienced head in if it doesn't work out.