• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

NSW Cup NSW Cup Highlights: Round 14 v Eels

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldog's NSW Cup side took down the Parramatta Eels 30-20 in Round 14 at Accor Stadium.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
How good is Topines try in this game!

Half watched this one.

What do you make of the Topine situation? I've heard talks of how Gould and co would keep players in NSW cup until they're completely NRL ready at the Panthers, and you see the results with guys like Tago and May..

Topine wasn't great in his last few outings in first grade so I wonder if he'll get a run again soon given his cup form.

Trophy Points
What do you make of the Topine situation? I've heard talks of how Gould and co would keep players in NSW cup until they're completely NRL ready at the Panthers, and you see the results with guys like Tago and May..

Topine wasn't great in his last few outings in first grade so I wonder if he'll get a run again soon given his cup form.
He needs to be retained that's for sure. Special talent.

Tim Mannah on commentary touched on why he hasn't played much first grade and it made sense.

He said you don't want to bring capable yuoung players into a system where the team is constantly losing, as it puts them in a bad mindset and can actually hinder their development as a player.

That Phillip Makatoa try suprised me. Gees he can motor for a forward!

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
He needs to be retained that's for sure. Special talent.

Tim Mannah on commentary touched on why he hasn't played much first grade and it made sense.

He said you don't want to bring capable yuoung players into a system where the team is constantly losing, as it puts them in a bad mindset and can actually hinder their development as a player.

That Phillip Makatoa try suprised me. Gees he can motor for a forward!

Yeah that's what I was thinking.. his last few games in 2021 weren't great, but the team was struggling.. I suspect he'll get his chance again soon.

Geez Lume Lume's defence needs work.