• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

WWE Pay Per View - Discussion (possible spoilers)

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Trophy Points
Finally finished watching Summerslam and NXT Takeover, then have a week of house shows and Payback, and I should be close to catching up.

Summerslam:
Bit annoyed that Bayley still has her title, everything else expected (as Payback was always going to continue the Rollins/Msyterio storyline).
Havent seen rest of card for Payback.

NXT Takeover:
- Annoyed that made Lee drop the title straight up. Even more annoyed that Kross legit fucked his shoulder in the bout and relinquished the belt in the following NXT house show (as hes out for months)!
- The 5 man ladder match in NXT Takeover with Priest, Grimes, Gargano, Dream, and Bronson Reid was absolutely epic. Well worth checking out.
- The fight between Adam Cole and Pat McAfee was WAY better than I expected.

Have a go at how his shoulders sitting... slightly more stuffed than mine at the moment.

Wahesh

Beast by Name, Beast by Nature
Trophy Points
I'm just about ready to throw in the towel with WWE. They are dragging these storylines out for far too long and they are so boring that's it a mission to remain interested in them.

Trophy Points
I'm just about ready to throw in the towel with WWE. They are dragging these storylines out for far too long and they are so boring that's it a mission to remain interested in them.
Yeah they need something like "MAX 4 weeks for a storyline". I mean Retribution... still dragging that shit on. Hacker has been dumped. Its just an absolute mess.

Trophy Points
SummerSlam - apart from Bayley holding title it was pretry much as expected.
Payback - Now this annoyed me. 3 way fight result was bullshit, and another title match. Have you watched it yet @Wahesh?

Then you have Clash of Champions:
McIntyre vs Orton - FFS the horse is dead WWE, stop flogging it already.
Bayley - I hope like hell loses the title to Cross. Making her and Banks beltless, and then shelve them for a while.
and one other title from Payback better change hands to its rightful owner again.
and dont even get me started on the 3 way fight result winner.

They are pushing the PPVs WAY too hard at the moment and the house shows are suffering.

I reckon by now people are completely over and fed up with retribution.

and now to prolong te agony, bloody Paul Heyman is back with his "I sound like my breathing will stop any minute" wheezing.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
I didn’t watch payback but I followed the results and went as expected.

I’m at the point with WWE where I won’t watch anymore ppv’s if the storyline’s don’t improve. I won’t be watch COC at this stage and I doubt that they will improve anytime soon.

I really want Banks and Bayley to come back as faces after a few months off because the current heel gimmick doesn’t work a single bit.

Having RR back as a heel is good but FFS Heyman??? They ruined the one good thing they’ve done recently with that. Also was hoping the IIconics would turn face before splitting up.

Trophy Points
I didn’t watch payback but I followed the results and went as expected.

I’m at the point with WWE where I won’t watch anymore ppv’s if the storyline’s don’t improve. I won’t be watch COC at this stage and I doubt that they will improve anytime soon.

I really want Banks and Bayley to come back as faces after a few months off because the current heel gimmick doesn’t work a single bit.

Having RR back as a heel is good but FFS Heyman??? They ruined the one good thing they’ve done recently with that. Also was hoping the IIconics would turn face before splitting up.
- Lashley vs Apollo at Payback was an absolute joke. Lashley can't wrestle for shit so Crews effectively was dumbed down as anything, and pretty much ragdolled by Lashley. Most likely setting up for a COC rematch.

- McIntyre and Orton needs to be done. It's spread across 3 PPVs odd now, and honestly I'm sick of seeing him on TV stomping heads as much as Banks and Bayley.

- Fiend vs Strowman vs Reigns Payback match was ridiculous. Fiend and Strowman belt each other round for 18 minutes odd, before "breaking" the ring. In wanders a fresh Reigns like 19 minutes in, and by 20 minutes its over as he pretty much hits Fiend with a chair and makes the count.

- COC Match is Reigns vs Jey Uso. LOL that's a foregone conclusion.. why not just have Reigns battle someone like Riddick Moss, or Mojo Rawley, or some other person that gets 0 airtime. Maybe one of the Singh Brothers!

They've stuffed up bigtime putting too many back to back PPVs on, and the house shows have suffered as probably 25% of them are PPV replays now, showing what went on.

Oh and then you add the Mysterio vs Monday Night Messiah storyline, although HOPEFULLY they are ending that now Murphy has upset Rollins, HOWEVER with that said Austin Theory is back from "suspension", and might end up rejoining the MNM.

And then theres retribution dragging on.

The whole things going stale (same wrestlers, same storylines, same PPVS matches), and even RAW Underground is boring now.

I'm very close to "not bothering", unless things change dramatically. NXT and 205 Live seem the most interesting at the moment.

Trophy Points
CURRENT PPV EVENTS TILL END OF YEAR

SEPTEMBER

27th - Clash of Champions (SD/RAW ONLY)
(Prev Main Event - Strowman vs Reigns for WWE Universal Title).

WWE Championship Title: Drew McIntyre vs Orton (Ambulance Match)
United States Championship Title: Bobby Lashley vs ???
Universal Championship Title
: Roman Reigns vs Jey Uso
Intercontinental Championship Title: Jeff Hardy vs ???
24/7 Championship Title
: R-Truth vs ???

Smackdown Womans Championship Title
: Bayley vs Nikki Cross
RAW Womans Championship Title: Asuka vs ???
Womans Tag Team Championship Title
: Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler vs Riott Squad

WWE RAW Tag Team Championship Title: The Street Profits vs
WWE Smackdown Tag Team Championship Title: Cesaro and Shinsuke Nakamura vs ???

OCTOBER

4th - NXT Takeover
25th - Hell in a Cell (SD/RAW ONLY)

NOVEMBER
22nd - Survivor Series (ALL BRANDS)

DECEMBER
6th - NXT Takeover
20th - TLC - Tables, Ladders & Chairs (SD/RAW ONLY)

So if they fuck up the Clash of Champions, it's a month dragging out feuds before it can be rectified probably. Rhea Ripley challenged Mercedes Martinez the other week to a Cage Match. I'm guessing that'll be on a house show or NXT Takeover in October.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Well... WWE screw up yet again!

So... yes I tuned into the Royal Rumble, and this is pretty much the only WWE show I'll actually watch annually, and they screwed up in a way that does not leave me surprised at all. It was SO BAD that Shane McMahon (who both produced and participated in it), was FIRED after it happened (yes you read that right). How on Earth he got fired is beyond me. Maybe it was WWE trying to save face.

My Review:

WWE Championship -- Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Bobby Lashley: So the ever boring Brock Lesnar goes up against Lashley in a match that many people wanted to see. It was a pretty tough tug-of-war match to start with and was looking pretty good, until the Lesnar German Suplex snorefest started. Then came the F5 which also knocked out the ref. With the ref out, Roman Reigns comes in and gets the belt of the Walrus Man, Paul Heyman, knocks Lesnar out, and Lashley pins him and wins. Walrus Man leaves with Reigns. At least Brock didn't retain - however Lashley winning the way he did was a huge anti climax. As boring as Lesnar is, at least if he won, the feud would've ended legitimately.

Universal Championship -- Roman Reigns (c) vs. Seth Rollins: Reigns got disqualified for not breaking a hold. It was a pretty good match until that point. Pathetic way to end what was an otherwise good match.

Miz & Maryse vs. Edge & Beth Phoenix: So Miz and Maryse made Edge and Beth humiliated on WWE for weeks/months until this match took place. Of course Miz and Maryse were going to lose.

Raw Women's Championship -- Becky Lynch (c) vs. Doudrop: Doudrop is like a fatter, uglier version of Nia Jax FFS. As if she was going to lose to Becky Lynch. Everyone saw this outcome a mile away.

Women's Royal Rumble match: I've always been critical of the Women's Royal Rumble simply because there is not enough female talent in WWE for it to take place. This year proved me right yet again. I lost count of how many retired or unsigned female participants took place in this years rumble. And as predictable as Brock is, Charlotte Flair came in and dominated (snorefest). She finished runner-up to Ronda Rousey, but FFS why was she even in it? WWE should either cut the Women's Royal Rumble down to 20, add NXT females in it, or cut it altogether. It actually got to the point where it wasn't say "Which wrestler is coming out next?" but rather saying "Which retired wrestler is coming out next?" - and the fact that Mickie James, who is SIGNED TO TNA participated left my gobsmacked.

Men's Royal Rumble match: There were so many wrestlers who could've won. The fact that Brock Lesnar come out #30 and won it in about 2 minutes left me shaking my head in unsurprised disappointment.

Trophy Points
Just read the results as I can't see myself watching either for some time, and looks like I didn't really miss anything.

So Brock and Lynch must be making up for lost time and the WWE favourites once again.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Trophy Points
Did you know Cesaro and Jeff Hardy are also gone from WWE?

Cesaros contract negotiations stalled, and Hardy was apparentely sacked for failing to attend rehab.

Johnny Gargano, Tegan Nox, and Toni Storm all gone as well.

Gargano chose not to renew contract, Nox was released, Storm suffered burnout and quit.

WWE 2022 is to be released soon and 34 wrestlers from the game are no longer with WWE.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Did you know Cesaro and Jeff Hardy are also gone from WWE?

Cesaros contract negotiations stalled, and Hardy was apparentely sacked for failing to attend rehab.

Johnny Gargano, Tegan Nox, and Toni Storm all gone as well.

Gargano chose not to renew contract, Nox was released, Storm suffered burnout and quit.

WWE 2022 is to be released soon and 34 wrestlers from the game are no longer with WWE.
I know that Jeff Hardy always comes and goes from WWE, so this is probably just the another one of his doors closing for a window to open up again soon.

I didn't know about Cesaro but he's been pretty quiet in recent years as well.

The others comes as a bit of a surprise, particularly Storm. She looked like she was on the up.

Trophy Points
I know that Jeff Hardy always comes and goes from WWE, so this is probably just the another one of his doors closing for a window to open up again soon.

I didn't know about Cesaro but he's been pretty quiet in recent years as well.

The others comes as a bit of a surprise, particularly Storm. She looked like she was on the up.
Their releases have pretty much killed the product in my opinion.