• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Photopea - Web-based photo and graphics editor

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I'm really impressed with this program, it's an online alternative to Photoshop with a few less features, and it's free.. There is a premium version but I'm pretty sure all the premium version offers is no ads. I wouldn't use it for work, but it's capable for smaller bits and pieces here and there.

Wikipedia:
Photopea (/ˈfoʊtəˈpiː/ FOH-tə-PEE) is a web-based photo and graphics editor. It is used for image editing, making illustrations, web design or converting between different image formats. Photopea is advertising-supported software. It is compatible with all modern web browsers, including Opera, Edge, Chrome, and Firefox.[2] The app is compatible with raster and vector graphics, such as Photoshop’s PSD as well as JPEG, PNG, DNG, GIF, SVG, PDF and other image file formats. While browser-based, Photopea stores all files locally, and does not upload any data to a server.[3]

https://photopea.com

1.png2.png

Wahesh

Beast by Name, Beast by Nature
Trophy Points
I remember using it a few times when I've wanted to make some edits to photos and images. It blew me away at first given how similar it is to photoshop. Pretty good software for an online image editor.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I remember using it a few times when I've wanted to make some edits to photos and images. It blew me away at first given how similar it is to photoshop. Pretty good software for an online image editor.

Yeah dude.. I actually just renewed my Adobe account but it was handy to have for a short period.. gotta appreciate people who give away decent free versions of their software.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Yeah dude.. I actually just renewed my Adobe account but it was handy to have for a short period.. gotta appreciate people who give away decent free versions of their software.
I remember 20 years (literally, 2002) my mate and I were learning how to use Photoshop (he was a talented artist and I was looking at getting into graphic design/web design/multimedia), so we would have these competitions - set a theme and create an image using Photoshop. We would give each other 2-3 weeks to get the image created, then post it online, and ask people to vote on which image they thought was better without telling them who created what lol.

Good times.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I remember 20 years (literally, 2002) my mate and I were learning how to use Photoshop (he was a talented artist and I was looking at getting into graphic design/web design/multimedia), so we would have these competitions - set a theme and create an image using Photoshop. We would give each other 2-3 weeks to get the image created, then post it online, and ask people to vote on which image they thought was better without telling them who created what lol.

Good times.

That's really awesome.. I did study graphic design at around that time but I was more interested in graffiti at the time.. I was very negligent with my studies.. I remember my friend and I had to make up a business and we chose a bird seed company for Ibis's hahaha

Who won the majority of the battles?

Wahesh

Trophy Points
That's really awesome.. I did study graphic design at around that time but I was more interested in graffiti at the time.. I was very negligent with my studies.. I remember my friend and I had to make up a business and we chose a bird seed company for Ibis's hahaha

Who won the majority of the battles?
Well he was leading 3-2, then it was my turn to pick the theme. I picked it and got started. I was really keen to hit it out of the park as he always made really good ones. He then contacted me after a week telling me he didn't have time to do them anymore because of work & study so he pulled out. Damn bugger... I had a pretty good one going too lol. So by default it ended with him forfeiting and we tied at 3-3 (but it was an unsatisfying draw given I didn't showcase my final one).

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Well he was leading 3-2, then it was my turn to pick the theme. I picked it and got started. I was really keen to hit it out of the park as he always made really good ones. He then contacted me after a week telling me he didn't have time to do them anymore because of work & study so he pulled out. Damn bugger... I had a pretty good one going too lol. So by default it ended with him forfeiting and we tied at 3-3 (but it was an unsatisfying draw given I didn't showcase my final one).

Lol true.. that would have been good practice.. I wish I had more time to make my own graphics but I spend enough time at the computer doing work for clients so I just do bits and pieces when I can.