• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Players off Contract | 2023

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I think Okunbor has done enough to earn an extension.. I doubt it will break the bank and it's a chance for him to build on what he's done this season.

Braidon Burns definitely has the quality so I dare say they will look to extend him, although his injury history will probably be a factor.

Luke Thompson can't control what's happened re injuries but I dare say we'll either let him go, or try and retain him on a much reduced contract.

Averillo is a no-brainer

Sam Hughes you'd imagine will be offered an extension, given he's getting picked for first grade more frequently.

I think Casey will be let go as we have a few outside back options.

Waddell has been ok this year but still lacks in discipline. I doubt we will keep him.

What are your guys thoughts?

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Whoever signed an untested (in the NRL) Super League player for 4 years on 800,000 is dead set one of the biggest morons in the game.

Trophy Points
I'd say a few backs will go as we have others coming through.

Averillo needs to be retained. Perham/Burns would be another to retain.

Okunbor has earned an extension with his efforts this year.

Flanno should go, as we have BBO still on contract.

Thompson will depend on his only games post injury but would need to be on a heavily reduced contract (but what the NRL apply player value to him).

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I'd say a few backs will go as we have others coming through.

Averillo needs to be retained. Perham/Burns would be another to retain.

Okunbor has earned an extension with his efforts this year.

Flanno should go, as we have BBO still on contract.

Thompson will depend on his only games post injury but would need to be on a heavily reduced contract (but what the NRL apply player value to him).

I heard we're letting BBO go, but maybe not. I'm sure his contract ends this year..

I think they just need to give up on Thompson, he's only played just over a full season worth of games for us and I can see that trend continuing

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
It's a shame Wakeham was pretty much gone before Ciraldo signed on. Bailey was very good in cup last year and certainly could play that 14 role again if required.

BomberBurton

Sending them high in the sky.
Trophy Points
Wakeham is a Chester hill Hornets junior who came through our junior pathways too.
Discipline sounds like it was his problem, which I suspect was due to a lack of opportunities/seeing other players playing out of position above him in his position.
Yet I would of liked to have seen what Ciraldo could of achieved with him.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
At the end of the day it's always gonna be tough going for our halves till our pack can start getting the upper hand more often. I'm not sure if Brandon would have offered much more than Kyle this year..

Who'd of thought Brandon would be better off at Wests, but even their pack get better field position than ours. Hopefully things get better when Kikau returns, and Thompson if he ever returns!