• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Official Reed Mahoney signs four-year deal with Bulldogs from 2023

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
The Bulldogs have added another red-hot talent to their signing spree, poaching gun hooker Reed Mahoney from the Eels on a four-year deal for 2023 and beyond.

Mahoney has decided to reject a three-year extension tabled by Parramatta, instead penning a four-year, $650,000-a-season contract with Canterbury, The Sydney Morning Herald reports.

READ MORE: Sublime long-range strike for Liverpool wows football world

After hauling in Matt Burton, Josh Addo-Carr, Paul Vaughan, Tevita Pangai Junior, Matt Dufty, Viliame Kikau, Braidon Burns and Brent Naden, Canterbury remained desperate for a quality hooker and halfback – and in Mahoney they have a Queensland State of Origin squad member.

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2Ff91a31e8-320a-42b3-9214-b6e81ab00056
Reed Mahoney has signed with the Bulldogs from 2023. (Getty)
Mahoney was spotted dining with Bulldogs powerbrokers at Canterbury Leagues Club earlier this month, following a tour of the Belmore headquarters.

Mahoney is the third Eels player to have signed with a rival club during this off-season, with back-rower Marata Niukore (Warriors) and Isaiah Papali'i (Wests Tigers) having already committed their futures elsewhere from 2023.

In a win for Parramatta, however, they extended the contract of captain and prolific fullback Clint Gutherson through to the end of 2025 last week.

Trophy Points
Excuse me ... I have an erection to attend to!

What a turnaround in such a short time. Shows just how much the Andersons & Co were holding the club back.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Geez I feel bad for Parra fans.. Mahoney is going to be wasted at the Dogs and despite their drought I could see that side winning a premiership with Reed in the squad.