• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

News Reynolds earns full time contract with Bulldogs.

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Trophy Points

The Mole: Bulldogs make 'popular decision' to award Josh Reynolds new contract​

By The Mole - 1st Feb 2023

Josh Reynolds has won a contract with his beloved Bulldogs without having to even play a game.

The 33-year-old club favourite was on a train-and-trial deal and was expected to have to battle it out for a spot in the top 30 with a host of up-and-comers in coming weeks.

But head coach Cameron Ciraldo this week decided to reward the veteran for his enthusiasm and drive in the pre-season with a full-time contract for Reynolds' second stint at the club.

"He's been great around the place with his energy and attitude and Cam decided he wants him here full-time," a Bulldogs source told Wide World of Sports.

"The young guys in the squad really look up to him and it's been a popular decision."

Reynolds was the face of the Bulldogs a decade ago, playing 138 games between 2011 and 2017 before less successful stints at the Tigers and Hull FC.

The utility back was given his locker at Belmore on Tuesday and will now fight it out for a spot in the round one team to meet Manly.

With his experience and ability to fill several roles, Reynolds could easily jag himself a spot on the bench as he begins life at the Bulldogs for a second time.

Trophy Points
I'm actually okay hearing this. We don't have a lot of depth / experience in the halves and hooker role, both which Reynolds can cover with experience.

Nu Brown is about the only other guy in the team capable of covering both those roles.

BomberBurton

Sending them high in the sky.
Trophy Points
Probably spend most of his time in NSW Cup, yet brings enthusiasm and experience.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Yea I mean BBO will be out for a period so it will be Reynolds and Rajab halves for NSW Cup I'm guessing

Trophy Points
Yea I mean BBO will be out for a period so it will be Reynolds and Rajab halves for NSW Cup I'm guessing
Nu Brown and Rajab in halves I'd say. Or could be Jonah Glover and Rajab.

Got that many halves at the club now actually but not many are ready for first grade.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
The club need to discipline JR. He gave away two blatant penalties, and then had the nerve to carry on towards the referee.

Josh has done some decent things this year, but those two moments would have been more costly against better opposition, and had Atkins of binned him, it may have cost us the win.

Trophy Points
The club need to discipline JR. He gave away two blatant penalties, and then had the nerve to carry on towards the referee.

Josh has done some decent things this year, but those two moments would have been more costly against better opposition, and had Atkins of binned him, it may have cost us the win.
He copped a fine ... well two actually.