• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Game Round 19 - Dogs vs Rabbitohs

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I don't know why we are persisting with Averillo when he's leaving. I'd be giving Burns or even Kiraz a crack in the 1.

Good to see Kyle back. Maybe Ciraldo has finally recognised that he is not the problem.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Wilson has to be in first grade. I hope they move Kiraz to centre to accommodate him. Could potentially be our fullback option if Stephen Crichton doesn't work out there.

Skelton for mine proved with one run that he could potentially provide a real threat for us.

Quay-Ward looked alright with the ball but needs a lot of work on his defence.

Sexton is exactly what we've been missing in the spine. Having that guy to run the side is looking really good for Burton who can just play his game.

Tevita is much better for us when the other blokes are doing their job. RFM didn't start great but got better as the game went on.

Still plenty of work to do in defence but it should come together once Ciraldo has the right lineup and a good run with injuries.

Last edited:

BomberBurton

Sending them high in the sky.
Trophy Points
Positives to take out of the game indeed.
Particularly juniors, both signed and homegrown.
Sexbomb gave Burton the stable platform he needs to be a decent running 1/2.
Skelton looks bigger than some of our forwards!
TPJ appears to be finding his feet finally, with some good runs and passed when appropriate.

Sack Gus, Ciraldo, Khoury and the rest of the board, not good enough :p

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Haha. Hey keep in mind we won a few at the back end of last year.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Demeteriou having a massive sook after the game is very rich! Clearly he forgets our clashes from when Gerard Sutton was ref. Hopefully he gets a massive fine!

BomberBurton

Trophy Points
Demeteriou having a massive sook after the game is very rich! Clearly he forgets our clashes from when Gerard Sutton was ref. Hopefully he gets a massive fine!
Typical victim mentality from anyone involved with soouuuuffffs.
It's everyone else's fault when things go against them.
Just look at Monkey (behavioural reference any media reading this, not referencing appearance) Mitchell, I can not remember him ever owning up to a single wrongdoing of his, ever!
FFS, the guy got away with gun crimes with a slap on the wrist 'because racism brah, it's racism against me'. :/

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
If Demetriou wants a genuine sample of slow ruck he should watch teams playing us, or his own team playing against us when Sutton is ref. The reality is he recognises that despite their outs, we fielded a team with two debutants, a club debutant, and multiple guys who have played just a few NRL games.

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Haha. Hey keep in mind we won a few at the back end of last year.
oh we seem to do that every season i think they play like never before so they get greatly upgraded contracts then fall back the next year again into mediocrity

BomberBurton

Trophy Points
A good coach would be utilising that against them.
Play their prior end-of-season games on their big screen and afford a casual "That's a Finals footy team right there" and drop the mic as walking out of the room.
Give them something to think about, something that may encourage better overall performance.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I think Sexton will make a big difference..he just looks so comfortable on the field. I dint remember the last time I've seen a half take control of the side like he did in just his first game for the club. Even on Kyle's best day he never looked in command.

BomberBurton

Trophy Points
I don't recall the team having a half that performed as well since Foran, and even then he couldn't kick decently.
A decade, that makes it.

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I think Sexton will make a big difference..he just looks so comfortable on the field. I dint remember the last time I've seen a half take control of the side like he did in just his first game for the club. Even on Kyle's best day he never looked in command.
So true this guy set a new high for the other boys to follow and gives Burton a free rein on his natural game. It was exciting to watch the first half and we finally decided to move the ball around fast. Great stuff guys but disappointing lapses in the second half that almost destroyed the winning game for us

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Demetriou was fast to criticise the ref for his team losing but did he say anything about the low life supporter that took to using a laser in Burton's eyes just before he took one shot at goal. Good on Burton for halting the shot and telling the referee what had just occured. With supporters like that Demetriou let us hope you don't win many more games

BomberBurton

Trophy Points
NRL should ban ALL Souths supporters from games for 5 years and fine the club $25 million if they're genuine about player safety.
Lasers can and do cause eye damage.
Send a clear message about this bullshit.
Oh and ban the supporter for life from ALL stadiums Australia wide.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Just like when Demetriou was quick to go off about a kid apparently saying something to Latrell, but won't tale accountability for Latrell Cody and Milne being thugs on the park every week.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
He (Graham Annesley) also addressed Jason Demetriou’s concerns that South Sydney were treated unfairly in the ruck in Saturday’s loss to the Bulldogs, with data from that game showing the Rabbitohs actually enjoyed quicker play the balls.

“The number of times there are extra efforts or a push on the ground or working their way around the tackle, all the things that we say we want to speed the game up for and people say they want a faster game, but consistently we’re getting controlled slower in the ruck,” Demetriou said after the game.

“Our ruck is consistently slower than anyone else, and it’s not like we’re fighting for it.”

Annesley revealed Souths enjoyed an average play the ball speed of 3.29 seconds when they had the ball, while that number jumped to 3.94 seconds when the Bulldogs had the ball.

“The Rabbitohs delayed the Bulldogs’ play the ball beyond four seconds on 39.2 per cent of occasions. The Bulldogs delayed the Rabbitohs’ play the balls to over four seconds on 26 per cent of the occasions,” Annesley revealed.

BomberBurton

Trophy Points
Wonder how painful that was for Annesley to admit openly.