• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Subway

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
What's your go-top Sub?

my former go-to: Subway Club on multigrain, all salads bar cucumber and olives, honey mustard + ranch sauces

my current: Buffalo Chicken on Italian & cheese, all salads bar cucumber and olives, blue cheese sauce

Trophy Points
It's a shade of its former self I've found.

Normally a Foot Long Chicken on multigrain/italian herb and cheese, all salads sans onion, pickles, cucumber, bbq sauce. Oh and fresh not toasted.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
It's a shade of its former self I've found.

Normally a Foot Long Chicken on multigrain/italian herb and cheese, all salads sans onion, pickles, cucumber, bbq sauce. Oh and fresh not toasted.

Yeah, I definitely don't run it as much as I used to but I am a big fan of the Buffalo chicken sub.. I think once people realised it is not real good for weight loss like they used to portray they lost a lot of business

BomberBurton

Sending them high in the sky.
Trophy Points
Something about brown fringes to lettuce leaves kind of gives it away that the ingredients are second rate to put it politely.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Another thing that sucks is how they wrap them.. if you get a decent amount of salads half of it falls out when you open it, no matter how careful you are.. messy might be a sign of a good meal if it's a kebab, but it don't work for a sub

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Not a fan of subway haven’t had it in years.
I agree me either Boxer. They say healthy then give you a foot long full of carbs aghhhhhh . Cant beat my lunchtime sandwich grains bread, slice of cheese, slice of chicken or ham with a few slices of tomato and topped with bread and butter cucumbers. Tasty and nice and healthy and yes I do know what goes in it .And I may be woof woof but no dog meat in my sangers. My opinion is they are all over rated and sub standard excuse the pun

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I agree me either Boxer. They say healthy then give you a foot long full of carbs aghhhhhh . Cant beat my lunchtime sandwich grains bread, slice of cheese, slice of chicken or ham with a few slices of tomato and topped with bread and butter cucumbers. Tasty and nice and healthy and yes I do know what goes in it .And I may be woof woof but no dog meat in my sangers. My opinion is they are all over rated and sub standard excuse the pun

They're a healthier option than say your KFC, but yeah it's still a lot of carbs and even sugar, with the amount of sauce they pour on unless you ask them to go easy lol... but yeah I think once obese people and those actively trying to lose weight got wiser, their business dipped majorly

Trophy Points
I think them dropping standard in their franchisee's hurt them too. Standards seem subpar these days.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I think them dropping standard in their franchisee's hurt them too. Standards seem subpar these days.

yeah definitely.. quality control is lacking... I personally don't care, but a lot of people do, unfortunately for them.

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Barrett says he can see improvements well 2 games 16 for and 60 against doesn't look so good to me in fact it is a worse result than our first two games last year. Even Manly is scoring points against souths. Something we didn't do all afternoon. Benji Marshall comes on for Souths and sets up a try straight away. Marshall king comes on for us and doesn't make one difference to our pathetic game. Did we buy the wrong Marshall . shakes my head. and to make matters worse we have no more room in our top 30 if you can call them that.

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Barrett says he can see improvements well 2 games 16 for and 60 against doesn't look so good to me in fact it is a worse result than our first two games last year. Even Manly is scoring points against souths. Something we didn't do all afternoon. Benji Marshall comes on for Souths and sets up a try straight away. Marshall king comes on for us and doesn't make one difference to our pathetic game. Did we buy the wrong Marshall . shakes my head. and to make matters worse we have no more room in our top 30 if you can call them that.
I would dearly love to think positive but we are playing worse now than last year after all the names we bought exception being Cotric who was our best player by far both in forwards and backs. Our captain hasn't lifted his game since last year either when he was pretty useless.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I would dearly love to think positive but we are playing worse now than last year after all the names we bought exception being Cotric who was our best player by far both in forwards and backs. Our captain hasn't lifted his game since last year either when he was pretty useless.

I thought we looked better with ball in hand game 1 given we had limited chances.. think last year's team would have managed one try at best.. we went backwards this week.. next week against Brisbane will really show where we're at.. if our forwards can't get up over the Broncos then we're truly in trouble

BomberBurton

Sending them high in the sky.
Trophy Points
Disallowed try
They get away with blatant knock on's.
Penalty for us in the third quarter of the match when too fucking late to make a difference.
I think it is time we put the pressure squarely upon the NRL via their favourite bed buddies, aka gambling companies.
If "we" put down our money upon a fair bet, we expect a fair game and a fair chance via that with our bets.
Since that is arguably not happening, sue the living shit out of those that control the game and are preventing a fair bet via a fair game.
Maybe NRL might listen when they see hundreds of millions in potential class action suits against them?

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I knew as soon as V'Landys came along that the game was about to change for the worse... what were we to expect from a horse racing administrator?