• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Sydney FC crowned A-League champions after beating Melbourne City 1-0 in grand final

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Sydney FC has won a historic fifth A-League championship after beating Melbourne City 1-0 in extra time in a dramatic grand final.

After neither side was able to score in regular time at the Western Sydney Stadium, Rhyan Grant broke the deadlock in the 10th minute of the opening period of extra time.

Grant, who was awarded the Joe Marston Medal as player of the match, shouldered home Luke Brattan's perfectly weighted chip to deny City a maiden A-League title.

The Sky Blues, who were awarded the Premiers' Plate prior to the finals, are the first club to claim five A-League championships and the second to win back-to-back grand finals.

"It was nice, maybe a little bit lucky with it but I thought I'd put the 'keeper off with the chest rather than the head and it looked like it worked, so happy days," Grant told Fox Sports at full-time.

1598835724451.png

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-08...sydney-fc-defeats-melbourne-city-1-0/12610828

Wahesh

Beast by Name, Beast by Nature
Trophy Points
Gee's football in this country doesn't get a lot of media exposure. I had no idea that it was the final and frankly, I couldn't care less.

European football >>> daylight >>> toilet seats >>> A-League