• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

The Bulldogs are reportedly set to sign Panthers star Viliame Kikau in another massive coup

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I still think Okunbor has been better than Naden.. and Averillo although he's a centre. Maybe we need to look to market or debut one of the NSW cup wingers. Kiraz will at least bring some energy when he gets his next shot.

Trophy Points
If you think Naden and Okunbor are bad, have a go at Brian Kelly and Patrick Herbert for Titans tonight.

Mother of god that was an effort. Their edges were completely shot.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I'm hopeful Naden will improve I definitely think he's down on confidence but yeah that Titans effort was awful

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I still think Okunbor has been better than Naden.. and Averillo although he's a centre. Maybe we need to look to market or debut one of the NSW cup wingers. Kiraz will at least bring some energy when he gets his next shot.
thats the problem we unearth good players in the lower grades but dont give them enough credit and instead we resign players like okunbor which ties up our 30 players precluding any up and coming potentials and then no wonder someone like easts or melbourne see how good they are and snap them up. and yes kiraz that comes to mind

Trophy Points
I think the real issue here is that current players have been brought up through the ranks and are used to losing.

Since start of 2020 season, we have won 8 games, out of 54! That's a 14.8% win rate.

How are players meant to be successful and consistent, with the only consistency in the club is how we are going to lose a game. This is evidenced by some players coming up through Bulldogs system during those times going elsewhere and playing much better (Meaney, Keighran, Reimis Smith, Cotric, etc etc).

Changing the coach won't fix that either. The only way we turn this around is to start stringing together wins, but when you are used to losing every week, I don't even know how you'd do that!

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Well before Barrett even joined us he had very few wins with teams that actually were playing better before he went to them so how does that work out. As much as i hate to say it other team supporters thought it was a joke when the dogs management hired him so they obviously knew him better than the dogs management did.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I definitely agree with the used to losing concept and have mentioned it myself, but the concern is that we're not seeing improvement.. like you can be used to losing/ fading out and everything but you'd at least think there would be some improvement. The biggest problem of all was on display yet again this weekend.. discipline... we're the only team who you can bet your house on making an error in the first or second set, with or without the ball.

Trophy Points
The biggest problem of all was on display yet again this weekend.. discipline... we're the only team who you can bet your house on making an error in the first or second set, with or without the ball.
Yet don't we have one of the best completion rates in the comp? It's always been an area we are bizzarely strong in, yet struggle to put on points.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Yet don't we have one of the best completion rates in the comp? It's always been an area we are bizzarely strong in, yet struggle to put on points.

Do we? that's crazy if we do, but still we give away possession at terrible times.. that's the problem, like I remember Roosters a few years ago had a poor completion rate, but also the best attack so a lot of their errors were in opposition 20 which is no where near as bad as handing it over before the half way line like we do so often..

Trophy Points
Do we? that's crazy if we do, but still we give away possession at terrible times.. that's the problem, like I remember Roosters a few years ago had a poor completion rate, but also the best attack so a lot of their errors were in opposition 20 which is no where near as bad as handing it over before the half way line like we do so often..
Correcting myself here.

2021 we topped the table for most set completions.

This year currently we are way down around 13th spot.

So things have changed, but for the worse.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Correcting myself here.

2021 we topped the table for most set completions.

This year currently we are way down around 13th spot.

So things have changed, but for the worse.

well I will say we were super conservative last year, but yeah we're giving up way too much possession for a team who cannot chase points.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Another huge game tonight. Whatever we're going to be paying him it's worth it!

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
so long as he doesnt catch the bulldogs busted disease thats seems inherent in the current bunch exceptions being JAC and Burton but the worry is if we dont produce in the next few years those guys are going to move on to better teams and better coaches
Bulldogs will burn these two out trying to get them to win games for them or at least score a point or two each week. The rest of the team are not helping them either by not contributing and as for our captain it is about time they retired him he is burnt out and gets in the way of so many nice plays that break down cos he is too slow or takes the wrong options today.

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
We need an inspirational captain like JAC to drive the team and lead the way by example .

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
imagine what the panthers are going to do to us nezt week after their demolition of Melbourne this weekend. It could quite easily become a huge cricket score.
Sure we will score our traditional one try a game then crawl back into our shell again . Panthers must have pissed their pants when Barrett went to us because there was no way he was going to take any secrets to Belmore with him and it is obvious to everyone now that he was not the responsible coach for turning the Panthers around he was made out to be. All fake now plain to see.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
imagine what the panthers are going to do to us nezt week after their demolition of Melbourne this weekend. It could quite easily become a huge cricket score.
Sure we will score our traditional one try a game then crawl back into our shell again . Panthers must have pissed their pants when Barrett went to us because there was no way he was going to take any secrets to Belmore with him and it is obvious to everyone now that he was not the responsible coach for turning the Panthers around he was made out to be. All fake now plain to see.

Do we seriously have the Panthers again already?! LOL... love to know how they come up with the draw....

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Do we seriously have the Panthers again already?! LOL... love to know how they come up with the draw....
sorry my mistake we have them in another 3 games time we face wests next week and that could be another loss to us the way we are playing