• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

The history of NRL clubs logos. Part two (Clarkey)

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Parra 46-74 is sick lol I must admit though I think they got it right going back to the 80s logo. Tigers current logo is grim, like the club.

Trophy Points
Parra 46-74 is sick lol I must admit though I think they got it right going back to the 80s logo. Tigers current logo is grim, like the club.
LOL Parra and Easts need to revert to their original logos :D If for nothing more than to be PC incorrect or piss off opposing fans.

Pardon the pun, but it's cocky of them to have "Easts to Win" on their logo.

Tigers floating head is just poor, as is Parras 00 to 03 cartoon logo.

Panthers oldest logo is pretty funny... how shit is the "panther". On a side note, no such animal actually as a Panther. It's either a leopard or a jaguar with throwback genetics creating a black coat.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
LOL Parra and Easts need to revert to their original logos :D If for nothing more than to be PC incorrect or piss off opposing fans.

Pardon the pun, but it's cocky of them to have "Easts to Win" on their logo.

Tigers floating head is just poor, as is Parras 00 to 03 cartoon logo.

Panthers oldest logo is pretty funny... how shit is the "panther". On a side note, no such animal actually as a Panther. It's either a leopard or a jaguar with throwback genetics creating a black coat.

The Eels one is interesting, I mean I know there's obviously a connection to Aboriginals in the area and with the whole Eel fishing/hunting thing, but I'm wondering if there were many Aboriginal people involved with the formation of the club.

The 00-03 logo looks like something you'd see on BCF products, and not just because of the animal featured.

The original "panther" looks like a greyhound with a long tail haha, other than that I don't mind it for a retro design.

Trophy Points
The Eels one is interesting, I mean I know there's obviously a connection to Aboriginals in the area and with the whole Eel fishing/hunting thing, but I'm wondering if there were many Aboriginal people involved with the formation of the club.
It's entirely possible as I just read George Green was the first indigenous rugby league player, and he played from 1909 to 1922.

Also found this article: https://thecumberlandthrow.com/2018...nd-honouring-parramattas-indigenous-heritage/

Wikipedia gives an idea about the reason behind the name Parramatta Eels too. That old logo also looks like an Aboriginal hunting Eels with the first fleet in the background, which would also make sense given it was settled in 1788 as first settlement as well.

""QUOTE""
The Darug people who lived in the area before European settlement regarded the area as rich in food from the river and forests. They named the area Burramatta ('Parramatta') which means Eel ("Burra") Place ("matta"). To this day many eels and other sea creatures are attracted to nutrients that are concentrated where the saltwater of Port Jackson meets the freshwater of the Parramatta River. The Parramatta Eels Rugby League club chose their symbol as a result of this phenomenon.
""UNQUOTE""

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Very interesting! I actually think it's a cool name given its background and the fact it's not a common creature used in sporting logos. Not that it matters a whole lot, but Clarkey got the wrong logo for their current logo, they actually made some slight adjustments, most notable the 1947 text in the border, but also some minor changes to the Eel.

skrMedks_400x400.jpeg