• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

The Making of Streets of Rage 2

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Wahesh

Beast by Name, Beast by Nature
Trophy Points
I might be alone in this, but when it comes to the SOR games, I find that the Original Streets of Rage on Master System was the best in terms of controls and smooth movement. I don't know it was just very smooth to play. I even played a few versions on the Mega Drive but didn't find it as appealing. There was also a fan made remake version of it on PC which wasn't the best. I found that Mega Drive's version was too hard, and SoR2 on the Master System was rubbish. That's what I found.

Try for yourself...

https://www.retrogames.cc/search?q=streets+of+rage&system=mastersystem

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I can't recall which version I played growing up, as I never actually owned it myself.. probably Master System actually.. a neighbour of a friend builds arcades and he brought a machine over one night to a BBQ at said friend's house and one of the games on it was SOR so we smashed that and SF2 all night.. was sick

Wahesh

Beast by Name, Beast by Nature
Trophy Points
I can't recall which version I played growing up, as I never actually owned it myself.. probably Master System actually.. a neighbour of a friend builds arcades and he brought a machine over one night to a BBQ at said friend's house and one of the games on it was SOR so we smashed that and SF2 all night.. was sick
I remember the Master System version was made/released in 1993. That surprised me because I thought Sega was done creating games for that console by then and were concentrating on the Mega Drive. Interestingly enough though, Sega were still making and releasing games for the Master System in 1995, a year after the Sega Saturn was released. They really pushed that console to the limit lol.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I remember the Master System version was made/released in 1993. That surprised me because I thought Sega was done creating games for that console by then and were concentrating on the Mega Drive. Interestingly enough though, Sega were still making and releasing games for the Master System in 1995, a year after the Sega Saturn was released. They really pushed that console to the limit lol.

Sounds similar to what Nintendo did when they brought out the N64.. still a few games produced for the SNES.. I actually was never the biggest SOR fan but just love the graphics and feel of it, and very much enjoy the multi player version