• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Retro The Making of Wonder Boy / Monster World

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Wonder Boy, a series of excellent games closely linked to SEGA, although in reality they were the productions of a small independent company called Westone. This episode will tell the story of the small start up company and their ever changing series; Wonder Boy / Monster World.

Wahesh

Beast by Name, Beast by Nature
Trophy Points
I used to LOVE playing the original Wonder Boy game on Sega. The way the levels would vary was fantastic, bright colours, and weather conditions also presented hazards.

The ice stages were tough as you could go sliding and was hard to stop and avoid the hazards. Then those island stages were typical platform but very hard (especially if you have the skateboard) and those cloud stages were even harder. And don't get me starting on the bee's in the game - so random.

My favorites stages were the various forest stages. I mean I remember there was one that was the forest, but at night time. And a variation of the animals were there, such as owls and possums. And another variation of it was an earthquake in an area between the trees lol. Scrambling for cover so you didn't get hit by any of the debris that went flying was funny.

Awesome game.

I played Monster Land a bit as well but I found that game to be quite tough.