• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

The Nintendo Thread

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Wahesh

Beast by Name, Beast by Nature
Trophy Points
I played the SNES Mario Game for the first time on the weekend. My nephew has the Super Nintendo mini. My goodness I suck at it LOL.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
which Mario game?
Super Mario Kart. I remember it from that kids game show in the 90s Amazing. I never played it though as I had a Sega back then.

I played Mario Kart 64 though and I was alright at it. Those boxes with power ups were the best lol.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Super Mario Kart. I remember it from that kids game show in the 90s Amazing. I never played it though as I had a Sega back then.

I played Mario Kart 64 though and I was alright at it. Those boxes with power ups were the best lol.

Ah true, it's actually pretty difficult when you play the hardest cup.. Bowser's Castle can be a ..royal pain in the ass! I was playing the plug and play version myself not long ago. Amazing was awesome!

MarioKart 64 is still the best release in my opinion.. so good in multilayer! I'd love to enter the annual tournament but it's held on the US.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Ah true, it's actually pretty difficult when you play the hardest cup.. Bowser's Castle can be a ..royal pain in the ass! I was playing the plug and play version myself not long ago. Amazing was awesome!

MarioKart 64 is still the best release in my opinion.. so good in multilayer! I'd love to enter the annual tournament but it's held on the US.
I remember when I first played Mario Kart 64 I thought it was awesome. Then we got to the harder stages.

Yoshi's Valley was one of the hardest tracks I ever played across any racing game because there's not circuit, and it's a maze lol.

1667875374769.png

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I remember when I first played Mario Kart 64 I thought it was awesome. Then we got to the harder stages.

Yoshi's Valley was one of the hardest tracks I ever played across any racing game because there's not circuit, and it's a maze lol.

View attachment 2184

It sucks when you fall down a level and have to drive back around to where you fell from... there's some crazy as short cuts on that stage that have been discovered in more recent times, all to do with mushrooming into the wall and subsequently getting launched to a higher position further into the track.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
It sucks when you fall down a level and have to drive back around to where you fell from... there's some crazy as short cuts on that stage that have been discovered in more recent times, all to do with mushrooming into the wall and subsequently getting launched to a higher position further into the track.
Oh yeah, I know that there are short cuts in at least 1 stage in most of the cups, it's just about knowing it.

In Yoshi's Valley, the worst thing I found wasn't so much falling down, but driving at full speed into the giant egg and then getting squashed, stopping your momentum instantly lol.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Oh yeah, I know that there are short cuts in at least 1 stage in most of the cups, it's just about knowing it.

In Yoshi's Valley, the worst thing I found wasn't so much falling down, but driving at full speed into the giant egg and then getting squashed, stopping your momentum instantly lol.

yeah, and also some aren't really the type regular players would hit consistently.. even the speed runners don't always nail them.

hahahahaha yeah that's the worst... get a lead and then SQUISH

Wahesh

Trophy Points
yeah, and also some aren't really the type regular players would hit consistently.. even the speed runners don't always nail them.

hahahahaha yeah that's the worst... get a lead and then SQUISH
My favorite stage is the Kalimari (sp?) Desert and also the beach. On the beach stage I'd find (and hold onto) one of those mushroom turbo's then use it on a ramp which takes you through a cave shortcut lol. Then when it comes to the desert, I like getting the star early on and using it as the first train comes round. I can go through it easily while all the other AI players have to stop lol. Good times :)

Last edited:

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
My favorite stage is the Kalimari (sp?) Desert and also the beach. On the beach stage I'd find (and hold onto) one of those mushroom turbo's then use it on a ramp which takes though a cave shortcut lol. Then when it comes to the dessert, I like getting the star early on and using it as the first train comes round. I can go through it easily while all the other AI players have to stop lol. Good times :)

It's always a pain when you miss that jump into the cave lol! always a great spot to use lightning on opponents (if you have it).

I remember watching a speed run video based on Kalimari desert.. somebody found a glitch where on a section of the tracks you could mushroom through the fence and skip a lap, or something like that.. but it was like suuuuper specific where it was like 1 in a ridiculous amount of tries that you'd make it through.. anyway nobody was able to accomplish the glitch during a good speed run, until one user finally did, only to hit pause/quit immediately upon doing so (force of habit).

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Here it is lol... There's actually a more recent discovered glitch right at the start now, but this is still pretty great

from 40:00

Current world record/more recent glitch discovery

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
How's this for a speed run. I really like this stage.. I used to like driving up to the castle... This is one of the best stages for multiplayer, particularly when you pick up a bolt heading onto the ramp!

Wahesh

Trophy Points
How's this for a speed run. I really like this stage.. I used to like driving up to the castle... This is one of the best stages for multiplayer, particularly when you pick up a bolt heading onto the ramp!

Oh dude that particular track is so hard. I used to stack it and fall down into the lake everytime lol.

I do wonder how people find out about these glitches though lol.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Oh dude that particular track is so hard. I used to stack it and fall down into the lake everytime lol.

I do wonder how people find out about these glitches though lol.

Haha. When somebody let's off a bolt just as you're about to jump it's the worst.

Some are found by accident, but also a lot are discovered using software, like for example it's well known that where you land will determine where you're placed back onto the track, so for those particular shortcuts you can just set the software up to land your cart as close to the farthest bit of track as possible, and if it does uncover a short cut, then you just have to emulate it during a speed run.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Haha. When somebody let's off a bolt just as you're about to jump it's the worst.

Some are found by accident, but also a lot are discovered using software, like for example it's well known that where you land will determine where you're placed back onto the track, so for those particular shortcuts you can just set the software up to land your cart as close to the farthest bit of track as possible, and if it does uncover a short cut, then you just have to emulate it during a speed run.
Oh you're not wrong. Like you're about to take a turn and bang! You got no control of the steering as you shrink lol.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Oh you're not wrong. Like you're about to take a turn and bang! You got no control of the steering as you shrink lol.

The tournaments are cool to watch as they're all strategic.. like for example a player might let first and second place make the jump if third place has more competition points, and yet first and second still can't be certain so it's either slow down, or go for it and hope for the best!

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Saw a guy wearing a Mario Kart t-shirt getting off a bus today. I'm surprised he didn't have babes hanging off him!

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Harsh or accurate? This guy actually started out in his younger days as a Nintendo kid, then transitioned over to Sega.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Harsh or accurate? This guy actually started out in his younger days as a Nintendo kid, then transitioned over to Sega.

Accurate. And he's right about that Jetson's game, it was close to being a decent game.

I actually didn't play any or most of those games but I can tell just by those short pieces of footage that they do indeed suck.