• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Signing Tigers sign young Bulldogs halfback

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

https://www.zerotackle.com/tigers-sign-young-bulldogs-halfback-151225/

The Wests Tigers have made a new signing, bringing in talented halfback Iverson Matai from the Canterbury Bulldogs.

A member of the Bulldogs Academy, Matai was granted an NRL Development contract with the Dogs whilst playing in their SG Ball side.

A promising halfback, Matai was awarded the Sydney East Blue in 2021 for excellence, leadership and values in the sport of rugby league during his last year at Endeavour Sports High Score.

The award is considered the highest individual sporting honour in the Sydney East region.

A cool head with the ball in his hands, Matai has shown his poised kicking game and great passing ability throughout the SG Ball competition.

Although they have been no official word on him joining the Tigers, he has been named on the interchange for the Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg team this weekend.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Good luck to the kid!

I would say the club is confident Mitchell Woods is going to stay on.

BomberBurton

Sending them high in the sky.
Trophy Points
Egg will be on our faces if he goes to gayfl though

Trophy Points
Matai probably saw the writing on the wall with Woods, and Oloapu being signed.

I'm more suprised that Danny Ghantous moved on. He was a speedster :D

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
yeah it's interesting to see what will happen with Rajab also.

I get the sense Gus and co are really starting to focus on specifics when it comes to player retention at the younger levels, I mean obviously in this situation it was the players decision, it seems, but there is always something happening re a signing, or a player/players being let loose.