• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Tokyo Olympics

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Seeing as no one else has started a discussion on this i thought it appropriate considering how well our aussie swimmers are doing in the pool .
Well done girls and boys we are all so proud of you. How about a little humour from poolside.
A female British sports interviewer was congratulating some of the UK male team swimmers on their win and turned around to one of them and said "Congratulations I really loved your third leg" to which the swimmer tried to keep a straight face and she looked in horror at her faux pas lol

Trophy Points
HAHAHA...

Haven't been watching any of the olympics as we dont have free to air tv here, just streaming online.

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
but channel seven is a free to air channel thats where they are on how come you dont have free to air everyone does i thought

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Congratulations to our amazing olympians you have all done us proud . In a time when there is only bad news lockdowns etc it was a welcome relief to enjoy the moment with these incredible athletes . We are now 4th on the medal table after so many gold won on water, in the pool, in sailing and canoeing and rowing adding the bonus of wins in BMX freestyling . How refreshing was this to see these young people on the podium and in the making records were broken for the history books with the enormous contribution of Emma McKeon from Woollongong. We are still in the running for women's soccer, women's and men's hockey and whatever other surprises to come out of this Olympics in the next week.
Well done to all of you!!!

BomberBurton

Sending them high in the sky.
Trophy Points
Hosts usually do well, so Japan doesn't surprise me.
Drugs and cheating always help you win, so China doesn't surprise me either.

Trophy Points
Good to see the weightlifting bloke from NZ (who thinks he's a woman) bomb out before the finals by failing the snatch (ironic indeed).

Wahesh

Beast by Name, Beast by Nature
Trophy Points
No antenna, so we stream everything.
Dude contact the home owner and tell him to have one installed. I mean yeah I'm in front of a computer all day like everyone else but need to watch the news and other stuff on FTA lol.

Trophy Points
Dude contact the home owner and tell him to have one installed. I mean yeah I'm in front of a computer all day like everyone else but need to watch the news and other stuff on FTA lol.
Nah we don't watch much FTA (thankfully). We already have Foxtel Go, Stan and Netflix, as well as Uncle Torrance, and still don't have time to watch everything.

Wahesh

Beast by Name, Beast by Nature
Trophy Points
We are 1 gold medal away from having our most successful team in Olympic history... but I think our poor athletes are all gassed :(

Trophy Points
We are 1 gold medal away from having our most successful team in Olympic history... but I think our poor athletes are all gassed :(
That's seriously impressive.

Equal most gold (17), but currently 41 medals in total (highest is 58 in Sydney or 50 outside of being a host nation).

BomberBurton

Trophy Points
Is ok.
Probably pick up a few when Covid-19 holoucast China is found guilty of drug cheating.
Nice they didn't finish first on the medal count too.
That will piss them off to no end.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
can't find a good video of this race unfortunately, just lame as commentary with chopped up clips... one of the most insane races ever!

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I was hoping to see Rob Pace at the Olympics.. he used to skate for a company I used to work for, but I think he is predominantly a street skater

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
This was such a good race from Hassan.. Gidey tried to wear her down but Hassan never went away and smashed it in the final lap

BomberBurton

Trophy Points
Love how Winnie the Pooh is including Macau, Taiwan and Hong Kong's medals in China's count so they come first.
Such insecurity, so lame, many pathetic!

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
That's pretty shit.. I do question if there's also a kinda anti-Russia allegiance, as they missed gold in at least a couple of events that they have dominated for many years