• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Top 25 1980s Arcade Games

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
There will always be a charm about the old school games that will never be replicated.. I mean, in the day of first person shooters, who the heck is going to come up with the next Paper Boy?

"The 1980s was the height of the arcade gaming industry and featured some amazing games including Outrun, Bubble Bobble, Rampage any many more. Why not tell me your favourite arcade games in the comments section below and please like and subscribe as there will be plenty more gaming countdowns on the way".

Trophy Points
Yeah it's strange like that. Many games just don't have that simplicity and draw to them.

Kinda like music. Lots of stuff these days is throwaway, whereas stuff made in the 80s/90s/00s was timeless.

That said there are some REALLY good games out there these days.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Yeah it's strange like that. Many games just don't have that simplicity and draw to them.

Kinda like music. Lots of stuff these days is throwaway, whereas stuff made in the 80s/90s/00s was timeless.

That said there are some REALLY good games out there these days.

I guess because of the hardware limitations and everything back then you had to be more creative with your concepts, because you could make 20 different racing games and they'd all be pretty similar.

I think it's cool that we got to see it all unfold from beginning to now.. like seeing the rise of Nintendo, Sega and everything was awesome, and actually playing arcades when they were a big deal.

Oh definitely, I mean who could go past "Power Washer Simulator", or "Cockhead" :LOL:

Wahesh

Beast by Name, Beast by Nature
Trophy Points
Well I'd have to say that going back to the 80s (even though I don't remember the time lol) that the Sega games that also had arcade ports were my favorite because those were the ones I would've played. So:

- Golden Axe
- Altered Beast
- Rampage
- Chase H.Q.

Then moving into the 90s it was more like Mortal Kombat 2, Street Fighter 2, Daytona USA.

So nostalgic :love:

Trophy Points
My brother in law bought some thing recently for his XBOX, it's got 8000 classic ROM games on it, and a full arcade style control pad.

I'll try and find out more about it.

He sent me an image playing Wonderboy the other day.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Well I'd have to say that going back to the 80s (even though I don't remember the time lol) that the Sega games that also had arcade ports were my favorite because those were the ones I would've played. So:

- Golden Axe
- Altered Beast
- Rampage
- Chase H.Q.

Then moving into the 90s it was more like Mortal Kombat 2, Street Fighter 2, Daytona USA.

So nostalgic :love:

Final Fight looks like it would have been a fun game to play.. Geez Capcom have a good catalogue

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Final Fight looks like it would have been a fun game to play.. Geez Capcom have a good catalogue
I actually remember Final Fight. I think they brought that game in to take it to Streets of Rage (or the other way around). Nonetheless I love both games :)

Wahesh

Trophy Points
My brother in law bought some thing recently for his XBOX, it's got 8000 classic ROM games on it, and a full arcade style control pad.

I'll try and find out more about it.

He sent me an image playing Wonderboy the other day.
Please do - 8000 games... far out. That'll keep him occupied for life lol.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I actually remember Final Fight. I think they brought that game in to take it to Streets of Rage (or the other way around). Nonetheless I love both games :)

Final Fight preceded Streets of Rage so would have been the former