• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

News Waddell referred to judiciary for alleged eye gouge vs Titans.

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Trophy Points

Waddell referred to judiciary​

bulldogs.com.au
Mon 25 Jul 2022, 12:03 PM

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs forward Corey Waddell has been referred to the NRL judiciary after being charged for an alleged eye gouge incident in yesterday's 36-26 win over the Gold Coast Titans.

Waddell was penalised and placed on report but is confident of being cleared.

“I went to get my arm over and push him on his back and obviously my hand wasn’t in the best position,” he told The Daily Telegraph.
“When I realised it was on his face, I released it."

Waddell said, “I didn’t realise what he was blowing up for but I didn’t think my fingers were in his eyes or anything like that.
“They’ll have a look at the vision but they’ll realise I just got my hand in the wrong spot. There was nothing in it.”

The Bulldogs forward will front Tuesday night's hearing on an ungraded dangerous contact charge.

Trophy Points
Whilst he's been inconsistent (albeit decent in defence), I really don't think he has a case to answer for. I saw it live exactly how he explained it.

Sure it was an awkward tackle, but it wasn't anything remotely like Brandon Wakehams eye gouge.