• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Official Adam Elliott signs on for 3 more years

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Trophy Points

17:15 - 24:48 - Indigenous round, fatherhood, contract talk,
20:40 - 24:00 - Contract talks

Also WWOS Mole claims Dragons are after him hard.
https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/mole-a...g-change/82a53ffe-7c1f-48c3-8178-dc6eb6d483f9

The Dragons have rocketed to favouritism to sign gritty Bulldog forward Adam Elliott, seeing him as the player to replace hitman Tyson Frizell. With Frizell off to the Knights in 2021, the Dragons have been on the lookout for a busy edge forward and see Elliott as the best on the market. The tough forward has been unable to come to terms with the Bulldogs, attracting the attention of both the Dragons and Raiders. But the Raiders look like dropping out of the race, leaving the Dragons in the box seat to sign the nuggety forward. With Frizell on the move and Jack de Belin's future still unsure, the Dragons realise they need to beef up their forward stocks for next year.

Trophy Points
You'd think after the club stuck by him (and didn't punt him and wreck his career over "SweetCarolineGate") that he'd be willing to stick it out. But some players just see $$ these days.

He's been one of our best this year and to be honest I'd prefer we keep him rather than have to go shopping for MORE second rowers (as we don't have all that many coming through - and the ones that are are untested past Jersey Flegg really). Wyatt Reynolds *maybe*, ditto Seumanatafa, but they are still a little way off. Dalton Smith, Matt Doorey, Kayne Kalache and James Roumanos I'm not sold on. Then theres Topine but I think he's at same stage as Seumanatafa.

Interesting to hear Barrett called Elliott, and I wonder if hes called all the players.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
you'd be mad to go the Dragons.. sure they are doing better than us this season but a new coach and a few signings could change things very quickly, while Dragons will continue to extend Mary

GoTheDoggies

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Paying overs for Elliott is a no go.

He loves the club just like Reynolds... we all know how that ended.

The_Chimpster

Tree hopping looking for that golden banana
Trophy Points
I actually always liked Elliot, but If the dragons really want him to replace frizell, good luck is all I can say.

He may have had his best year to date in a rubbish side and comes up with a decent play once in awhile, but the bad in his game still far outweighs the good.

And If the reported figure of 500-600K he's seeking is accurate, adios little schooner Caroline

GoTheDoggies

Squad Member
Trophy Points
If we lost Elliott & Tolman in one off season that would be a blessing in disguise.

With how our recruitment is shaping up, I have more trust that they will find some good replacements. If Pay was tasked with replacing these two we'd get another Britt, Stimson or Priest flop signing.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
he has played what 85 games for us and probably only a handful you'd say he was top 3... and that's in a shite team. Warriors can enjoy overpaying him

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
You'd think after the club stuck by him (and didn't punt him and wreck his career over "SweetCarolineGate") that he'd be willing to stick it out. But some players just see $$ these days.

He's been one of our best this year and to be honest I'd prefer we keep him rather than have to go shopping for MORE second rowers (as we don't have all that many coming through - and the ones that are are untested past Jersey Flegg really). Wyatt Reynolds *maybe*, ditto Seumanatafa, but they are still a little way off. Dalton Smith, Matt Doorey, Kayne Kalache and James Roumanos I'm not sold on. Then theres Topine but I think he's at same stage as Seumanatafa.

Interesting to hear Barrett called Elliott, and I wonder if hes called all the players.
Maybe saints threw in a sweet Caroline for him as extra bonus

Is it safe yet

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Yet we paid 800k+ for Thomson and he isn’t close to being a ball player.Elliot at 450-500 k is better value

GoTheDoggies

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Elliott can offer some variety in attack so it will be interesting to see how Barrett has him playing.

We still need more forwards going into next season. Jackson who will stay on is not up to being in the 2nd row and Tolman still needs to go. That leaves us with 1 prop and 1 second rower to sign.

Nutboy

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Elliott can offer some variety in attack so it will be interesting to see how Barrett has him playing.

We still need more forwards going into next season. Jackson who will stay on is not up to being in the 2nd row and Tolman still needs to go. That leaves us with 1 prop and 1 second rower to sign.
I'd play RFM at prop and push Elliott to the edge. He can run a line and actually pass the ball to the outside backs. Thompson I honestly don't know what to do with him... honestly not that impressed. He doesn't look suited to running through the middle in the NRL and instead looks better suited to running out wide like a Cordner...not sure how he would handle it defensively though.