• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Official Bulldogs sign Corey Waddell on 3 year contract.

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Trophy Points
Corey Waddell signs for the Bulldogs for the next three seasons
bulldogs.com.au
Wed 16 Sep 2020, 03:20 PM

The Bulldogs have continued to build the strength and depth of their forward pack with the signing of Manly back-rower Corey Waddell for the next three seasons.

The 23 year-old, who is renowned for his hard running and strong defence, made his debut for the Sea Eagles in 2019 and has currently appeared in 34 NRL matches for the club.

Waddell has family links to the game with his late father Steve having made 89 NRL appearances for Penrith and Illawarra in the late 1990's and he has also worked with incoming Bulldogs Coach Trent Barrett, while he was coming through the system at the Penrith Panthers.

Bulldogs Chief Executive Andrew Hill was pleased to have added another piece to the Bulldogs squad for 2021:
"We are continuing to construct our squad for 2021 and beyond and Corey will be an important part of that process. He is a hard-working footballer who is a strong defender and someone who will bring additional quality and depth to our forward pack. We look forward to Corey joining us next season."

K E

Eat Up Martha
Trophy Points
Haven't seen him play, anyone rate him?

Trophy Points
He's okay... very Bryce Cartwright/Chris Lawrence like.... but not as good.

Apparently we signed Morgan Boyle as well they said on Foxsports during game.

K E

Eat Up Martha
Trophy Points
Never heard of him. What position is he?

K E

Eat Up Martha
Trophy Points
So we've bought 2 backrowers, Cotric and Blake Green.

Still need a 9, IMO.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
A forward with an offload?

I think it moved....

both he and Hetherington... We could actually be an exciting team to watch in 2021 if we can nail those three other signings.. or even just the Fox and a decent half would be a good start and a big step in the right direction

K E

Eat Up Martha
Trophy Points
both he and Hetherington... We could actually be an exciting team to watch in 2021 if we can nail those three other signings.. or even just the Fox and a decent half would be a good start and a big step in the right direction

Yeah, if we even get just JAC and Flanagan for next year it will be very exciting. Especially a pairing of Cotric/JAC.

Still think we need a 9, though. Unless Barrett can do something with JMK?

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Yeah, if we even get just JAC and Flanagan for next year it will be very exciting. Especially a pairing of Cotric/JAC.

Still think we need a 9, though. Unless Barrett can do something with JMK?

I think Kyle is looking likely.. I know these journos just throw names and clubs up, but generally when they say something is almost rubber stamped, or words to that effect, it usually comes to fruition... They seem pretty convinced that Fox is coming to the Dogs as well but time will tell I guess

I don't see anything in JMK personally and never have... I could be wrong but.. not sure what's on the market though

K E

Eat Up Martha
Trophy Points
I think Kyle is looking likely.. I know these journos just throw names and clubs up, but generally when they say something is almost rubber stamped, or words to that effect, it usually comes to fruition... They seem pretty convinced that Fox is coming to the Dogs as well but time will tell I guess

I don't see anything in JMK personally and never have... I could be wrong but.. not sure what's on the market though

I think Brandon Smith is practically the only option. Whether Cameron Smith retired or not he's pretty much the only option. Storm or Ninth Tigers will get Harry Grant regardless of what happens and then B. Smith will leave regardless (which I'm pretty sure he stated unless o misread it?)

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I think Brandon Smith is practically the only option. Whether Cameron Smith retired or not he's pretty much the only option. Storm or Ninth Tigers will get Harry Grant regardless of what happens and then B. Smith will leave regardless (which I'm pretty sure he stated unless o misread it?)

I personally think Brandon is better playing where he is.. last outing at hookers he was quite average.. I don't think he quite yet has the attributes of a real quality hooker. I'd be surprised if Harry was to stay at Wests even if Cameron plays on.. There is a reason good players don't sign there lol