• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Food Tips, Tricks and Hacks.

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

K E

Eat Up Martha
Trophy Points
Anyone got any good ones.

You know like salt in a boiling pot to speed up the boiling process, press the middle of a burger patty so it doesn't cook like a football, cook a fried egg on one side so you get a perfect yolk, etc.

boxer

THE BOSS
Trophy Points
I’ve seen a whole clip on YouTube about food hacks maybe someone can post it.

K E

Eat Up Martha
Trophy Points
I have a couple of tips regarding mayo, if you toast your burger buns (and you should toast your burger buns) use a light spread of mayo instead of butter.

Also, if you like grilled cheese sandwiches put a few rings of mayo in there. You won't really taste the mayo but it makes it a lot creamier. Trust me.

Wahesh

Beast by Name, Beast by Nature
Trophy Points
Ok so this is something I tried yesterday.

I was browsing through Coles wondering what to eat to lunch. I bought some chicken noodles and thought that would be good. but I'm a Wahesh... those alone won't satisfy my hunger. So I thought I'd top it up with sweet chili tuna. I got home and boiled the noodles and while they were setting, I opened the tuna. I thought... why not? I made sure the noodles were soft, then added the tuna on top and mixed them thoroughly.

It was freaking satisfying.

Best thing... combined they cost me $1.65.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points

I was browsing through Coles wondering what to eat to lunch. I bought some chicken noodles and thought that would be good. but I'm a Wahesh... those alone won't satisfy my hunger. So I thought I'd top it up with sweet chili tuna. I got home and boiled the noodles and while they were setting, I opened the tuna. I thought... why not? I made sure the noodles were soft, then added the tuna on top and mixed them thoroughly.

I used to cut up fish fingers and have them with my noodles, which is weird, because I no longer eat any form of seafood

K E

Eat Up Martha
Trophy Points

I always add different spices to my noodles. I'll add Bacon seasoning or even Nashville hot chicken seasoning to it.

K E

Eat Up Martha
Trophy Points
I used to cut up fish fingers and have them with my noodles, which is weird, because I no longer eat any form of seafood

How come? While I do find prawns to be vastly overrated, I love seafood.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
How come? While I do find prawns to be vastly overrated, I love seafood.

ironically, prawns were the last thing I gave up, though I would only have them if I was eating fried rice... not sure really, just hate the smell and feel of seafood I guess

boxer

THE BOSS
Trophy Points

Been doing that for years as a snack it not bad

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
You what what what? You don't eat seafood.... anymore? Ok dude spill the beans, what's the story there?

haha yeah just don't like the texture and smell and I guess am not overly fussed on the taste now either.. though if I am being honest I'm a fussy eater in general

Wahesh

Trophy Points
haha yeah just don't like the texture and smell and I guess am not overly fussed on the taste now either.. though if I am being honest I'm a fussy eater in general
How can you not like it though? I mean prawns and octopus are tasty as.... then there's lobster, crab, balmain bug, even salt & pepper squid, I can go on :)

Trophy Points
Much like Howard I'm not a huge seafood lover. Don't eat crab/prawns/mussells/shellfish. Do eat fish and chips/fish pieces and stuff though... just not much fresh stuff.

I'll eat Salmon/Tuna if its mixed into like a curry or something but not normally.

But in saying this I won't knock back a quality well cooked Barramundi fresh off the boat. Had an amazing one in Port Douglas...

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
How can you not like it though? I mean prawns and octopus are tasty as.... then there's lobster, crab, balmain bug, even salt & pepper squid, I can go on :)

I only ever ate fish and prawns.. used to get Ocean Master all the time when it was at Panania.. I don't really know what happened as it wasn't just a spur of the moment thing.. I'd be ok with a piece of fish if I had to eat it, but can't stand the sight and smell of the rest of it

K E

Eat Up Martha
Trophy Points
Balmain bugs are also overrated, IMO.

Lobster, crab and octopus are the only seafood I genuinely enjoy. Also oyster kilpatrick.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Balmain bugs are also overrated, IMO.

Lobster, crab and octopus are the only seafood I genuinely enjoy. Also oyster kilpatrick.
OYSTERS. Can't believe I forgot about them. They're awesome, especially when they've got a nice topping on them. Muscles are nice too.