• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Food Tips, Tricks and Hacks.

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Wahesh

Beast by Name, Beast by Nature
Trophy Points
not really anything new, but beetroot (canned) is such a great ingredient, for the fact that you can get away with using less sauce, or even no sauce because of its sweetness.. I've been running salad sandwiches lately with beetroot and just a little bit of mustard.
Having them in sandwiches is great - add lettuce, tomato and a meat of your choice. I don't mind it either when using bread rolls, and seeing the purple color seep through lol. They look (and taste) real fresh.

Last edited:

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Havinh them in sandwiches is great - add lettuce, tomato and a meat of your juice. I don't mind it either when using bread rolls, and seeing the purple color seep through lol. They look (and taste) real fresh.

since you mentioned that, I remember reading that some Vegan burger companies use beetroot juice as a way to somewhat replicate the juiciness of a good beef patty.

Any burger joint that has real good quality patties, all you need is beetroot lettuce onion tomato and bbq sauce.. or "the lot" if you are really hungry.

Wahesh

Beast by Name, Beast by Nature
Trophy Points
since you mentioned that, I remember reading that some Vegan burger companies use beetroot juice as a way to somewhat replicate the juiciness of a good beef patty.

Any burger joint that has real good quality patties, all you need is beetroot lettuce onion tomato and bbq sauce.. or "the lot" if you are really hungry.
That's true. I had a homemade burger last night. Everything you mentioned, plus cheese - and that was it. Tasty, filling, healthy.