• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Impressive across all grades at the moment.

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Trophy Points
Not a great week, but Flegg had a good win over Knights.

NSW Cup was trash like first grade. The losing culture is spreading!

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Missed a good opportunity to go one win clear of Newtown but it is what it is.. I wonder if they'll consider starting Hayward again, he was going very well.

Screenshot_20230704_202841_Chrome.jpg

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
A few Dogs fans are trying to blame everything on Gus now, with no acknowledgement of the good work he's doing building our pathways/juniors up.

There's good energy in the lower grades that will gradually filter through to first grade, but you can't debut every player at once, especially when we already have several players in the early stages of their careers.
well if he stopped criticising other teams when we are in the dilemma we are currently in it would be much better . the old saying don't throw stones at glass houses make note Mr Gould. Take a look in the mirror first.
He's fine in NSW Cup, helping out the younger guys coming through.
agrees with Ibis he can teach the youger guys from the sidelines he tends to get in the way in play.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
well if he stopped criticising other teams when we are in the dilemma we are currently in it would be much better . the old saying don't throw stones at glass houses make note Mr Gould. Take a look in the mirror first.

agrees with Ibis he can teach the youger guys from the sidelines he tends to get in the way in play.

Yeah I mean our players showboating around at Randwick during the bye isn't a whole lot different to Knights players going go Bali. Newcastle probably had that game marked down on the calendar lol.

It's so bad at the moment but I'm glad Ciraldo knows the problem is culture.. (and lack of middles).

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Finally the Cup team get another solid win.
Perham with a double..

Jets also lost but Warriors won.. Wahs might be the biggest threat now.

Panthers Bears could go either way..

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Perham can score in reserves but the step up to first grade is beyond him I am afraid

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
He's probably more suited to the centres.

I'd be interested to see how he'd go in a team on the front foot with Sexton playing, keeping in mind our team in general are normally clunky.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
So after leading for half the season, the Cup team will finish 8th.. geez.. I think it's actually top 6 who play semis right?

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
its obvious to everyone that this team has lost in both grades now and across the board because they have lost the will or effort to win. There is something terribly wrong in the culture and during the off season they must address the root of the problem and fix it because if this club starts off next season, the same way as they have this year and a few years before, they may as well play their home games in a local park because their supporters will be non existant.. Buzz so no doubt trying to get headlines by talking about Daveys departure but for all the wrong reasons. Lets face it Buzz is on a downward spiral and thats obvious when he resorts to this type of tactics to gain more press attention. But in a strange way it has highlighted the attitude of some players at the club that feel they are overworked and overtrained too much . Poor darlings I feel sorry for them earning big dollars and whinging about being punished for being late at training when the average joe blow could only get away with that a couple of times before he found his work place gone cos he was sacked. Society is to be blamed for this attitude endemic in most youngsters today. They have been brought up being spoon fed, they can do no wrong . Don't overwork them or make them upset. Just keep paying them big money for doing nothing productive all year and if they don't like the rules they can walk away from their contracts like the boys that lost their bag of lollies. This last bit of the comment doesnt not allude to any players but is general comment of the way youth are allowed to get away with things No wonder the crime rate keeps going up when judges rap them on the knuckles for driving dangerously and wiping families out. Don't punish them for assaults and drug dealings poor things have all got to eat . It is like easy street for most of them . They wouldnt know of a hards day of work if their life depended on it. Protected species!!
Jersey Flegg boys through to the grand final, knocking off the minor premiers (Roosters)
Nice to know the younger brigade are really putting in an effort . Maybe earmark some of these guys for next years first grade. We could do much worse by buying more dud ex big name stars

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
It all comes back to the club itself. It doesn't matter what players, what coaches, etc etc.. the club has to have higher standards.. I mean yes the different coaching staff can take some of the blame, but those involved with the club at the top level should be aware of the fact that we have not been training as hard as some of the other teams, I mean we can all see it by the way the team performs....

I applaud Ciraldo for having the balls to say hey I'm gonna change this and I don't care about the backlash.. backlash will blow over once he gets the right team and the results start to come.. we saw earlier in the year a glimpse of change, but unfortunately injuries came and then old habits followed.

BomberBurton

Sending them high in the sky.
Trophy Points
The demise in performance is linked to a degradation of attitudes towards hard work, which is what happens with a white ant snitching.
Do not think other players will talk to Buzz anytime soon after he outed his confidential source, RFM as the white ant/mole/snitch, etc all.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
We desperately need more leadership from our senior players. Reed always rips in, but he is let down by other's. I actually think Xerri will be important in that regard, as he is a hard worker (hopefully also sans the gear) and the way Crichton is playing this season suggests he had a big pre-season.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Not a single Bulldogs player named in the NSW CUP team of the year. Yikes

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Blake Taaffe was impressive in Souths' NSW Cup victory. He will be a good pickup for us.