• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Gaming KFConsole - KFC to release a gaming console with chicken warmer.

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Type in office worms in Google - it directs back to Office Works lol.

@Wahesh @spiritofaslan
haha.. I used to call them Officejerks and I realised there is a company called "The Office Jerks" who make jerky lol Officeworms is good... the client just had images printed onto a cd at Big W and brought them to me... it's the only time it has happened to me so I'm not too concerned lol but I've got a laptop and an old PC here that both have a dvd drive if required

Wahesh

Beast by Name, Beast by Nature
Trophy Points
@Wahesh @spiritofaslan
haha.. I used to call them Officejerks and I realised there is a company called "The Office Jerks" who make jerky lol Officeworms is good... the client just had images printed onto a cd at Big W and brought them to me... it's the only time it has happened to me so I'm not too concerned lol but I've got a laptop and an old PC here that both have a dvd drive if required
Last year where I was working I needed to upload data from DVDs onto an online database at work. Now the content of the DVD could be anything... videos, images, documents - you name it. Now most of the information was on CD's so I needed to use one of those USB DVD drives. There was the occasional CD in there as well. Now the deal is that the firms that send us these files do not expect them back, so we need to destroy them. Some of them would send them to us on USB drives. I remember one of the companies sent me TWO 64GB USB drives. They had less then 2GB on data on them. What a shame... all that memory and it needs to go in the bin...

...the hell it did. I uploaded the data, formatted the USB and popped it in my desk drawer 🤣🤣🤣

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Last year where I was working I needed to upload data from DVDs onto an online database at work. Now the content of the DVD could be anything... videos, images, documents - you name it. Now most of the information was on CD's so I needed to use one of those USB DVD drives. There was the occasional CD in there as well. Now the deal is that the firms that send us these files do not expect them back, so we need to destroy them. Some of them would send them to us on USB drives. I remember one of the companies sent me TWO 64GB USB drives. They had less then 2GB on data on them. What a shame... all that memory and it needs to go in the bin...

...the hell it did. I uploaded the data, formatted the USB and popped it in my desk drawer 🤣🤣🤣

haha of course man, those things ain't cheap.. I bet our boy @spiritofaslan does or did the same ;)

Trophy Points
haha of course man, those things ain't cheap.. I bet our boy @spiritofaslan does or did the same ;)
I don't normally get a lot of DVD/USB keys actually.

I have a few 64GB ones for backing up customers websites and that's about it. Then theres 2 portable USB 1TB drives with copies of all my photos on them.

Most of clients data (back when I was doing breakfix IT/IT management) was on tape based media though.

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
lol at KFC console it will end up one plucked console wonder how many will chicken out of this finger licking keyboards thrown in as a bonus taste the difference with every stroke.

Wahesh

Beast by Name, Beast by Nature
Trophy Points
I don't normally get a lot of DVD/USB keys actually.

I have a few 64GB ones for backing up customers websites and that's about it. Then theres 2 portable USB 1TB drives with copies of all my photos on them.

Most of clients data (back when I was doing breakfix IT/IT management) was on tape based media though.
Don't remind me... I had a MSL6000 LTO3 tape library with 4 drives. Most of the time, she ran ok, but when she had a problem, it was the ultimate fingering. I had to log a support ticket with HP telling them specifically, to have a contact from Australia call me so I can get them to come to the office to fix it, not have someone from India call me and trouble shoot shit over the phone.

Trophy Points
Don't remind me... I had a MSL6000 LTO3 tape library with 4 drives. Most of the time, she ran ok, but when she had a problem, it was the ultimate fingering. I had to log a support ticket with HP telling them specifically, to have a contact from Australia call me so I can get them to come to the office to fix it, not have someone from India call me and trouble shoot shit over the phone.
Back in the days I do recall cracking up the boss with a pisstake of "Baby's Got Back", but it was "Baby's Got DAT", whilst upgrading a client to a DAT tape drive onsite.

When you've hit a data woeeeee... and theres still 10 gig to go... time for a tape drive upgrade. stat..... Babys got DAT.

That's the only part I can remember... as it was like early 2000s.