• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Music Live Music thread

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Trophy Points
Just finished watching this. Pretty damn epic with some stuff they do to fill in time between songs.

Was laughing when they start discussing how they don't bother with Counterstrike because kids have evolved and are simply too fast now.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
The vocalist of this band (Edwyn Stephen Collins) is fascinating to watch live.. very unique style/ sound.

Trophy Points
The vocalist of this band (Edwyn Stephen Collins) is fascinating to watch live.. very unique style/ sound.

Really bizzare. It's like he has absolutely no upper register at all in his voice. It's all really low and almost monotone.

Trophy Points
Here's a bit of trivia, that's Edwyn Collins, singer of the hit song "A Girl Like You".
Ohhh now I know. Didn't realise that clip you linked was from 1980! So he went on to develop his voice substantially then.

Speaking of voices..

Epic performance.. you can't beat real bands.

How blessed have Van Halen been. David Lee Roth and Sammy Hagar.

Speaking of which DLR is actually a fully trained Emergency Medicine Tech.

Love me some Slash. Theres just something about how effortless his solos are, and bringing the Gibson Les Paul back into the spotlight again. Those guitars have such a nice tone to them.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Ohhh now I know. Didn't realise that clip you linked was from 1980! So he went on to develop his voice substantially then.

Speaking of voices..

Yeah haha.. it's a song that is on an 80s playlists that I listen to often. I was searching him up after I read your post just to see how he sounded in interviews etc, and then I came found that bit of information out.

How blessed have Van Halen been. David Lee Roth and Sammy Hagar.

Speaking of which DLR is actually a fully trained Emergency Medicine Tech.

Yeah I know hey and you'd see that with a lot of bands back then, they could transition with a new singer and although it might have been a different vibe, they still made top music.. in saying that I reckon Hagar does a very impressive live version of "Jump". Eddie is just a beast on the guitar.

I didn't know that... he seems far more switched on then what a lot of people would think.. I was listening to his interview on the much revered /s Joe Rogan's podcast, super insightful.

Love me some Slash. Theres just something about how effortless his solos are, and bringing the Gibson Les Paul back into the spotlight again. Those guitars have such a nice tone to them.

The great guitarists are just so good to watch because it's like they're just one with the guitar.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Oh man, how could I forget the greatest performance of all time. David Byrne is a mad man. Such an all star line-up on this one. Bernie Worrell is an absolute weapon on the keys! This is the only song I've watched "reaction" videos for, just to see the reactions to Byrne's wild moves and the bands cardio effort.

Trophy Points
Can't say I ever got into Talking Heads that much, but I do recall (I think it was) David Byrne being the original "massive suit" guy.